Transfer from Hamburg airport to Kiel cruise port

eby

I think this still runs but check

The Kielius -Bus will bring you to Kiel

main station ( which will take about 1 1/2 hour ) .

In front to the station you will find Shuttle-busses which will drive you directly to the cruise-terminal within about 10 minutes.

6 hours ago, ikea logistics said:

and this was from 2016

Take the Kieliusbus right from the Hamburg airport. Very easy, stops right at Kiel Hauptbahnhof where the shuttle busses for Mein Schiff were waiting.

Do they carry the luggage in the bins below or do you have to carry on with you?

I used the train.  I find it more comfortable than the bus.

Also, at the train station in Kiel, MSC sets up a kiosk and baggage drop-off.  Can't really miss it.  It's on the right, immediately at the end of the platforms, of which there are only a few at Kiel.

27 minutes ago, Zephyr173 said:

I used the train.  I find it more comfortable than the bus.

Also, at the train station in Kiel, MSC sets up a kiosk and baggage drop-off.  Can't really miss it.  It's on the right, immediately at the end of the platforms, of which there are only a few at Kiel.

We're hoping to get the train from Kiel into Hamburg, but we're staying overnight in Hamburg so won't be going straight to the airport.

I take it it's a simple case of a short taxi ride to the train station from the cruise port, and then getting a train to Hamburg Hauptbahnhof? Our hotel is near the main station in Hamburg so hoping to get the train from there to the airport the following day.

Hi John,

It is quite a short ride in Kiel.  Around 5 minutes, 10Euros including tip for the luggage.  In fact, even with luggage it is close enough to walk, and the sidewalks along the water are nice and even.

It is simple to get from Hamburg Hbf to the airport, with  the S1 line of the U-Bahn.  However, I Don't know exactly how to effect that trip, as we were in Hamburg before our cruise, but went to Berlin after it.  In that direction, the S1 line splits at Olhsdorf; one arm goes to the airport :classic_biggrin:, the other to Poppenbüttel😩.S1.PNG.4a6e66cf421ec65b6b619758f64036b8.PNG

Patrick

Hi John,

Preziosa is a nice ship, and we were in the Yacht Club.  Service was excellent. 

MSC was fine in the Baltic. We did the ship’s excursions in Copenhagen and Stockholm, and both were very interesting and worth the money.

We used other tour operators in Tallinn and St-P. 

On 1/25/2019 at 9:20 PM, Zephyr173 said:

Hi John,

It is quite a short ride in Kiel.  Around 5 minutes, 10Euros including tip for the luggage.  In fact, even with luggage it is close enough to walk, and the sidewalks along the water are nice and even.

It is simple to get from Hamburg Hbf to the airport, with  the S1 line of the U-Bahn.  However, I Don't know exactly how to effect that trip, as we were in Hamburg before our cruise, but went to Berlin after it.  In that direction, the S1 line splits at Olhsdorf; one arm goes to the airport :classic_biggrin:, the other to Poppenbüttel😩.

Patrick

It's simple: The first 3 cars of the S-Bahn (train) go to the airport 🙂