carnival FTTF

sltrn

I HAVE BOOKED A CRUISE ON APRIL 14, 2019 ON THE DREAM OUT OF NEW ORLEANS.  I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR MONTHS TO GET THE FASTER TO THE FUN, BUT IT ALWAYS SAYS SOLD OUT.  I HAVE TRIED CALLING CARNIVAL AND EMAILED SHORE EXCURSIONS WITH NO SUCCESS, I ALSO CHECK ONLINE SEVERAL TIMES A DAY.  DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW I MIGHT CAN GET THIS FOR MY UPCOMING CRUISE?  ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

55 minutes ago, sltrn said:

I HAVE BOOKED A CRUISE ON APRIL 14, 2019 ON THE DREAM OUT OF NEW ORLEANS.  I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR MONTHS TO GET THE FASTER TO THE FUN, BUT IT ALWAYS SAYS SOLD OUT.  I HAVE TRIED CALLING CARNIVAL AND EMAILED SHORE EXCURSIONS WITH NO SUCCESS, I ALSO CHECK ONLINE SEVERAL TIMES A DAY.  DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW I MIGHT CAN GET THIS FOR MY UPCOMING CRUISE?  ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Just keep going back and checking. 

I have found it available at random times. 

Once at 2:00 am and once at 11:00 in the afternoon. Just be ready to jump on it when you find the “SOLD OUT” banner gone. 

1 hour ago, sltrn said:

It may become available again before your cruise. You just need to check frequently. I started checking about one year out for my cruise, which is in March, and I checked probably 20x a day. One day in July it popped up around 4:00pm, I snagged it, and it was sold out by evening. It goes that fast! It just popped up again this week for my cruise, so keep the faith and keep checking. It may become available for you before your cruise. There is no other way to obtain it. 

• Like 1

Honestly, booking a cruise in January for a sail date in April is really booking last minute in terms of when most people book cruises. FTTF for April was likely sold out early last year. For our sailing in May 2019 FTTF was released in May 2018 and sold out in under 6 hours. 

Some people may cancel their FTTF or their cruise so always keep checking. If one is released you can grab it. Also at the final payment date some people may miss their payment and their FTTF will be released so definitely check at your final payment date. 

Make sure you're a part of both roll calls (here and social media) for your cruise and IF they release more, someone will likely post it there. 

• Like 1

Agree with all. About a year ago, I checked (for the Dream) several times a day and finally got it about 3 weeks before my sail date. Don't give up and good luck! On another note, I can't believe the price for it has gone up so much. I remember when it first came out, I believe it was $49. Now (I think) I noticed it was $90 for 7-days on the Splendor! I turned platinum last summer, but I'd probably still pay for it. I like eating lunch and getting chairs early the first day, plus you just never know if you'll need to access the guest services line, and if you do, that alone makes it worth it! :)

Personally I don’t think FTTF is worth it, but based on all the threads on this site with people saying how great FTTF is, I am surprised they don’t raise the price again.  

If a company has a product that consistently sells out, it is definitely under priced.  Apparently no one in Carnival learned about supply and demand in economics 101. 

• Like 2

Stop posting in all caps.  It is like yelling.

We spend the day in the French Quarter before boarding.  Some of the best restaurants in the world are there  for lunch.  Assure you much better than  the buffet on the Lido Deck.  When you board late there will be no one in line in front of you.  We were literally the only ones in the embarkation zone when we boarded last time.  Great way to start the cruise.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, EngineCo52 said:

any more its not worth it to be honest. their system where you have to show up at a certain time you mainly just get on the ship now 

Priority embarkation is just one of the perks of FTTF, there are other perks to it. 

7 minutes ago, wesorbeth said:

This is what I get when trying to find FTTF  for our cruise out of New Orleans this fall:

image.png.d05b5ca0bcbaec641fc3dc30943862d4.png 

It hasn't gone on sale for your cruise yet. 

13 minutes ago, goofygal531 said:

I saw that for months then it went straight to sold out! 

It would have opened at some point. I checked about 20x aday tocatch it. Checking it only once a day or skipping days, it’s logical that you might miss it. After checking my account several times one day it appeared at 4pm. I grabbed it, and it was sold out in a matter of hours, by evening. 

4 hours ago, wesorbeth said:

This is what I get when trying to find FTTF  for our cruise out of New Orleans this fall:

image.png.d05b5ca0bcbaec641fc3dc30943862d4.png 

Hmm. I saw this message on a cruise last year for all excursions, not just FTTF. It lasted about 4 or 5 days. Check in with someone on your roll call to see if everyone is getting it. I think it was a tech issue in my case.

18 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

Priority embarkation is just one of the perks of FTTF, there are other perks to it. 

It hasn't gone on sale for your cruise yet. 

the last cruise I went on I didn't get FTTF and I was on the boat and I was on the boat faster than ones that had it. seemed odd to me, but I wasn't complaining one bit lol...there are other perks like priority tender, but I had excursions at every port for scuba diving so I was either picked up on a private boat at the ship or on the first tender. I guess it all depends what port you leave from. Miami ill never get FTTF again, no need for it 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EngineCo52 said:

the last cruise I went on I didn't get FTTF and I was on the boat and I was on the boat faster than ones that had it. seemed odd to me, but I wasn't complaining one bit lol...there are other perks like priority tender, but I had excursions at every port for scuba diving so I was either picked up on a private boat at the ship or on the first tender. I guess it all depends what port you leave from. Miami ill never get FTTF again, no need for it 

4 hours ago, EngineCo52 said:

I cruised out of Miami last January (on a different cruise line) and waited in line about an hour and a half. It was a literal cluster f****. So, for my Breeze cruise this March, I was able to get FTTF, and I am so psyched! It will be my first time using it. I have read comments about “now that there are assigned arrival times, there is no need for it”. Bologna! I had an arrival time with that cruise last January, as I have for every cruise I’ve taken since 2014 (two other cruise lines than Carnival), and I ALWAYS still had to wait in lines! I purchased this mostly as a surprise Anniversary gift to my hubby who hates embarkation due to lines. And I will continue to purchase it for any upcoming cruises, as long as it gives me what is promised, priority check in, boarding, and cabin access. 👍