Questions from a first time Azamara traveller

londoner99

Thinking of travelling on the Pursuit and have a few questions I would be grateful for some help with.

1.  Are there enough sun beds for the number of passengers

2. Being a smaller ship, can you feel the movement of the ship more than a larger ship

3.  How many sittings in the dining room

4. Having travelled Cunard before, how does Azamara compare?

Thanks

We are also Azamara first timers - in April. (I hit carriage return and ended up posting before I was done!)

I looked through the newbie thread, but I couldn't find the answer to my question.

Do both people in the cabin have to take the drink package if one wants it.  Actually I only need the Premium package to get my Bombay Sapphire, Dry Sack and after dinner drink of choice.  DH needs the Ultimate for his Courvoisier.

Since you can only get 1 drink at a time - I'm assuming that this is why.  DH usually gets up and gets drinks for both of us but I can handle getting my own 😄

I have other questions, but I have to go back over the newbie file again to see if there are already answers

Edited by Cyber Kat
wasn't finished

You can get the drinks package for just one person I think. You have to show your keycard at the bar to get a drink from your package. Can’t see why your husband couldn’t take both cards with him. Also there is waiter service in most bars, most of the time, so getting your own wouldn’t be necessary.

One person can have a package, the other can chose not to or to have a different level of package.  The bar staff will at the outset need to see both cards when you order.  Over time, the better staff might get to know you so you will not need to show them the cards though we found on Pursuit recently we had to show the cards every time to some waiters even for a second glass of wine at the buffet a short time after the first one.  Hopefully they have improved their memory skills by the time you get onboard

On 1/28/2019 at 12:40 PM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

You can get the drinks package for just one person I think. You have to show your keycard at the bar to get a drink from your package. Can’t see why your husband couldn’t take both cards with him. Also there is waiter service in most bars, most of the time, so getting your own wouldn’t be necessary.

Excellent!  Thanks so much!