Liquor/wine store in Pan Am

AACJ

We've embarked at the Pan Am pier before and I recall we were able to buy some wine and booze there and take it on board the ship without having to drop it off at the naughty desk.  Is this still the case?  We were on a Holland America ship at the time but this time we're on Freedom of the Seas.  

Thanks

The convenience store is open...you can buy your wine (2 bottles per cabin) no naughty room visit now.... but you won't be able to bring liquor onboard. Just did a B2B on Freedom in September...enjoy...booked another one for April 2021.

On 2/3/2019 at 11:52 AM, fire46149 said:

To confirm this is the store by where the Freedom sails from? I know there are 2 ports so just wanted to check that you have the ability to stop at a store before boarding.

Yes...it's right inside the Pan American terminal door...just sailed on Freedom last September.

Does the store sell liquor?  We are boarding Viking Sea and are allowed to take whatever we want aboard.  Are the prices reasonable?  If not, do you know if there are any stores near the Hyatt Place Hotel?  If not, we will just use our rum runners and pack it in our suitcase, but would prefer to just buy once we are on the island.

TIA!

Going out next week on Carnival Fascination. I heard you could bring your two bottles of wine on board and if you get back off the ship to walk around San Juan, when you get back on board you can bring another two bottles of wine on. Is this information correct??

2 hours ago, LounVal said:

Going out next week on Carnival Fascination. I heard you could bring your two bottles of wine on board and if you get back off the ship to walk around San Juan, when you get back on board you can bring another two bottles of wine on. Is this information correct??

Hi LounVal, Yes this is correct.  We did this last February.  We took our bottles of wine and soda on when we initially boarded, had lunch and our first drink and then debarked.  We went across the street to CVS and bought more wine and a few necessities and then re-boarded.  No one ever even blinked.  The screeners in the security line do not know if you are boarding for the first time or third time.  If you choose to do this, we found that CVS is cheaper than Walgreens for Wine.

See you on board. 

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:05 PM, LounVal said:

Can probably pick up a little cooler for the room there too. I do not believe Fantasy class ship have refrigerators in the rooms.

You are correct.  We did not have a fridge last year.  We took small collapsible cooler and kept it in the bathroom(sometimes they sweat)and our steward filled it twice a day. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/15/2019 at 6:53 AM, LounVal said:

We are sailing on the Freedom of the Seas out of the Pan Am Terminal.  

Wondering if we can do the same thing on that ship?  Board the ship and then just come off and go to the wine/liquor store within the terminal and get more wine and soda and then just get right back on.

We went on the Fascination 2 years ago and did this exact thing with no questions asked.

5 hours ago, hrmkr said:

We are sailing on the Freedom of the Seas out of the Pan Am Terminal.  

Wondering if we can do the same thing on that ship?  Board the ship and then just come off and go to the wine/liquor store within the terminal and get more wine and soda and then just get right back on.

We went on the Fascination 2 years ago and did this exact thing with no questions asked.

More than likely you'll have no problem doing this.

On 2/10/2019 at 10:52 AM, Clay Clayton said:

Does the store sell liquor?  We are boarding Viking Sea and are allowed to take whatever we want aboard.  Are the prices reasonable?  If not, do you know if there are any stores near the Hyatt Place Hotel?  If not, we will just use our rum runners and pack it in our suitcase, but would prefer to just buy once we are on the island.

TIA!

Since no one else replied decided I would answer my own question. LOL

Prices were reasonable-cheaper than the mainland for everything but Bourbon but selection was low. We ended up waiting until we were in Sint Maarten.