Vision Of The Seas - Moving from New Orleans to Galveston questions

SRV FAN

This is a question for the cruise critic pros...

Vision OTS is moving to Galveston on Monday March 11, 2019, doing one 7 nt. cruise before starting 4 & 5 nt. sailings.

She will end a cruise in New Orleans on March 9, 2019. So that leaves two days for her to move from NOLA to Galveston (I assume without any guests).

I know that Galveston has two large ships in port on Sundays, so I know they can't fit her in with them, so I get the Monday port call.

Question 1): I wonder what (if anything) will they be doing on her while she sails in the gulf - empty - for two days. I think she just was in Dry Dock back in November…. right? I wonder what they did during that Dry Dock? 

Question 2): Since she will be the ONLY cruise ship in port on that Monday & I assume she will arrive without guests, does that mean we can board her earlier than normal? If you look at spa appts in the cruise planner, they are offering 8:00 AM appts on embarkation day! So, that tells me we can board very early! Does anyone know how this might work? 

Sorry for all the questions...but I know the pros out there will have the answers! 

TIA!! 

• SRV FAN changed the title to Vision Of The Seas - Moving from New Orleans to Galveston questions
21 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

Question 1): I wonder what (if anything) will they be doing on her while she sails in the gulf - empty - for two days ...

The crew will be enjoying the ship without guests!

23 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

Question 2): Since she will be the ONLY cruise ship in port on that Monday & I assume she will arrive without guests, does that mean we can board her earlier than normal? If you look at spa appts in the cruise planner, they are offering 8:00 AM appts on embarkation day! So, that tells me we can board very early! Does anyone know how this might work? 

Earlier than normal, yes, doubt 8AM tho (the 8AM is for checkin - not necessarily boarding) - the cabins should be ready by the time you board, instead of waiting till 1PM.

22 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Earlier than normal, yes, doubt 8AM tho (the 8AM is for checkin - not necessarily boarding) - the cabins should be ready by the time you board, instead of waiting till 1PM.

Thanks Biker.... but you can actually BOOK the 8:00AM spa appointment in the cruise planner!! They would have to let us onboard BEFORE then, right? 

Great point about the cabins being ready!!! YAY! I like that! 

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not on embarkation day, that I assume is an IT glitch.

I assumed that at first too, but because the ship is sailing without guests prior to docking in Galveston I'd think as soon as they can get the terminal staff on the clock we can board. The ship staff itself should be ready to receive us early! IDK! Just guessing. 

12 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

I assumed that at first too, but because the ship is sailing without guests prior to docking in Galveston I'd think as soon as they can get the terminal staff on the clock we can board. The ship staff itself should be ready to receive us early! IDK! Just guessing. 

I boarded Adventure when she came out of dry dock and don't think anything was open before boarding which was only a bit earlier than usual, but was able to go straight to cabin.

• Like 1