FYI: Lost Passport and Options in Emergencies

nelblu

26 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I don’t know how that would help. 

I always still have to show my passport. The app only gets me in the short line. 

The Mobile app stores your passport better than a photo since it scans it in, it is crystal clear.  

3 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Well I am from a Commonwealth country so perhaps that is why I am familiar with the system🤣. I guess I foolishly assumed every country had some sort of partnership agreement. It is good to learn new things 😉.

Perhaps the other poster has never found themselves in a place without their own consulate or embassy and is unaware that other countries do have bipartisan agreements to share their services. As someone from another Commonwealth country, I'm well aware that such arrangements exist. For example in Thailand (I think - perhaps it's Singapore), Canadians are advised to go to the Australian embassy if the need arises.  Fortunately I haven't had to test it so far (knock on wood). I don't believe the US has any such arrangement, or would even contemplate such a cooperative measure with another country.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mom says said:

Perhaps the other poster has never found themselves in a place without their own consulate or embassy and is unaware that other countries do have bipartisan agreements to share their services. As someone from another Commonwealth country, I'm well aware that such arrangements exist. For example in Thailand (I think - perhaps it's Singapore), Canadians are advised to go to the Australian embassy if the need arises.  Fortunately I haven't had to test it so far (knock on wood). I don't believe the US has any such arrangement, or would even contemplate such a cooperative measure with another country.

Commonwealth countries have pre-existing relationships. 😄

And I US, so we have a Embassy in almost every country (186 last count).