Chef Experience Excursion

weezy vic

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has done one of the Azamara "chef" excursions? A day in the market and wineries followed by a special private dinner on board. Pricey but looks amazing.

My hubby and I have signed up for such an adventure on June 10th 2019  sailing of Pursuit n Venice.

Would love to hear others experiences or thoughts.

Cheers

A.

We just did this on Celebrity in Cozumel.  It was amazing!  The morning part was very good, but the evening private dinner was over the top.  Azamara should do it even better, so I recommend you sign up before it sells out.

We have done this in Greece and in Thailand and have booked again for Europe - though none were on Pursuit the formula is the same. 

They are expensive but the best excursions ever in our view, the food is always excellent and the insights at the market with the chef such fun. 

I should have said ours were on Azamara in case you think we were also on Celebrity. The dinner is either on the night of the tour or sometimes the next night.  They set up a corner either inside Windows or if it’s ok weather wise in the Patio. 

Its nice to dine with those you got to know on the trip.  There’s a lot of food, but it’s often served family style with sharing platters. This increases the range the chef v

can include and you can take as much or as little as you want. 

We’ve done this tour twice  on the Quest – – once in Bali and once in Sydney.  As Ann said, They were the best ship tours we have ever taken and we loved the entire experiences. The meals prepared were exceptional—with an enormous amount of wonderful food.   I am celiac with an additional eight other food restrictions, and the chef even made special versions of the foods for me!  

The winery used in Sydney was not up to par however.  ( I think that was because there were not really any choices for wineries in the immediate Sydney area. ).  

My recommendation is “go for it“ – – it’s a great tour. Enjoy 😉 

I've done this twice as well.  In Thailand (2016) the market was very fun, and the tour (lunch, rum distillery, and cashew nut facility) was extensive followed by a special dinner in Prime C (not with shared plates). In Kotor Montenegro (2018) the market was very small and not as fun, but the winery tour was very good, and dinner was in Prime C again (not with shared plates). I guess there was room in Prime C those nights. I considered both tours "worth it".  I imagine the Rialto market would be quite lively and fun. Enjoy!

We did one in Barcelona. We had so many tapas during the wine tour and tasting of 7 wines with the sommelier, we wondered if we could eat again. Not to worry. The dinner, including duck eggs the chef found at the market, was special. We had the wines the group voted for and the sommelier bought for the meal at the Vinyard. 

For many cruises in the past, the event was canceled for lack of interest. We're glad to read people are interested now.