NCL Jade Noise below deck 8?

Gabstarnz

Hi, I am looking to book an obstructed view cabin for 2 Adults and 2 Children.  From what I can see, we are limited to 6 cabins towards the front of the ship 8050/8052/8054/8550/8552/8554 (the other 4 berth OK cabins are for disabled travellers towards the aft).  I am concerned about noise coming from deck 7 as we tend to go to bed early and rise early but there are conflicting reviews on these cabins and exactly what is beneath them.  We are cruising April 2020.  It looks like these cabins are above the Bliss Ultra Lounge?  Is this noisy?  Are the cabins far enough from the theatre not to have noise from the shows?  Thanks!

In October I had 8558 on the Gem, which has the same deck layout; it's two rooms down from 8554 but doesn't have the two pullman berths. I heard nothing from the theater and also nothing from the late-night parties in the Bliss lounge. Those started at 11:00 p.m. and I was usually in bed but awake at that time.

Each night around that time I did hear a noise that sounded like the movement of a sliding door or operable wall, just once each night. It sounded as if it came from the cabin next door, but that cabin would not have anything of that kind. It might have come from the Bliss lounge as it was being set up for the party, but I really have no idea and it only happened once each night.

The Jade is slightly different than the Gem Jewel and Pearl. I think this is due to the fact that it began life as the Pride of Hawaii. On the other Jewel class ships the shops are located where the Bliss lounge is on Jade.

I would have no hesitation booking any of these rooms on Jewel Gem or Pearl but I don't think I would risk it on Jade.

3 minutes ago, Paul Bogle said:

The Jade is slightly different than the Gem Jewel and Pearl. I think this is due to the fact that it began life as the Pride of Hawaii. On the other Jewel class ships the shops are located where the Bliss lounge is on Jade.

I would have no hesitation booking any of these rooms on Jewel Gem or Pearl but I don't think I would risk it on Jade.

Thank you. I hadn't noticed that. The noise I mentioned might have been from closing an overhead gate at one of the shops.

2 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Thank you. I hadn't noticed that. The noise I mentioned might have been from closing an overhead gate at one of the shops.

The shops (duty free and gift) on the JADE are located aft on deck 7 - no conflict here.

It might be a roll-up gate closing the bar beverages off - but that noise to

transmit with that volume rivaling anchors being deployed - Hummm ???

Gotta keep them beverages well secured after hours.

Is there a bar in the forward section of the Bliss Lounge deck 7 ? READERS ?

The Bliss Lounge could be entertaining into the late evening - the Stardust Theatre is

way far forward of this point. The Spinnaker Lounge is on deck 13 and way removed

from any noise making threat

Cabin 8050 is a Obstructed View cabin at one of the many jagged elbow turns on deck 8.

Deck 8 is structured that way to allow the life boats to be tucked in on deck 8 over deck 7.

Think of it a fun house route to O'Sheehans

In the passageway just forward of that is a white out area - perhaps a cabin service crew

service area - or crew elevators ? Deck plans do not show crew elevators.

On the other side of that is the common stairways in the forward section of the ship.

Elevators on the other side of that so it is not elevator noise.

LINK to deck plan for the JADE:  click on deck 8 and on deck 7

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Norwegian-Jade

I was across the hall in 8059 on the Jade in November and December of last year and I did not have any noise problems except once and awhile late at night some of the people headed for O'Sheenans might have been coming from one of the bars as they were a little noisy walking by.

Try the sideway OK cabins closest to the mid-ship elevators. We were in 8094 on the Jade and again on the Jewel, and we loved it - ideal location! We still got some view - we could see the sea and sky.

JEWEL and JADE are exact sisters, and PEARL and GEM are also exact sisters but different from the first two.

J & J have the shops aft and Bliss lounge mid-ship, whereas the other two P & G have shops mid-ship and Bliss lounge aft.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 2/2/2019 at 3:59 PM, bluesea777 said:

Try the sideway OK cabins closest to the mid-ship elevators. We were in 8094 on the Jade and again on the Jewel, and we loved it - ideal location! We still got some view - we could see the sea and sky.

JEWEL and JADE are exact sisters, and PEARL and GEM are also exact sisters but different from the first two.

J & J have the shops aft and Bliss lounge mid-ship, whereas the other two P & G have shops mid-ship and Bliss lounge aft.

We wanted to book the cabin 8094 at Jade. But our Cruise consultant at NCL didn’t let us because she was worried that it would be very nosying at nighttime because of the elevator and the O’sheehans.
What is your experience?
Sorry for grammar this is not my language.

5 hours ago, Nissemor said:

We wanted to book the cabin 8094 at Jade. But our Cruise consultant at NCL didn’t let us because she was worried that it would be very nosying at nighttime because of the elevator and the O’sheehans.
What is your experience?
Sorry for grammar this is not my language.

Hi! Welcome to Cruise Critic!

No noise at all. We loved cabin 8094 on the Jade and Jewel. We are booked in that cabin again for our Ultimate Baltic cruise on Jade in June 2020.

• Like 1