Anyone recently off the Escape?

Shidah

Anyone recently off the Escape that can report on:

Choir of Man in the main theater?

What replaced COM in the supper club?

Was the premium drink package made available to you onboard?

Did you make it to GSC?

We didn't made it to GSC 2 weeks ago on the Escape, and those that just got home this morning were on the South Carribean route and it wasn't on their route, as their first port was Old San Juan. Will need to see if the run today on the West route get lucky on Wednesday.

Edited by mking8288

We are schedule on the Escape next month and it shows COM in the theater (but not available for online booking). After Midnight is showing on Wednesday and Friday (which are weird days). 

When the Brat Pack moved from the Supper Club to the Theater (after the Escape fired the million dollar quartet), they had a couple of years of guest performers in the Supper Club with complimentary dinners. Last April, I posted the “final” appearance of the Fly Boys as the Supper Club installed COM as they repositioned to NYC. Acts like the Fly Boys with contracts from 1 week to a couple of months will preform in the Supper Club. 

E95936C0-0374-41F0-A8CD-2B2C4F0E098F.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Shidah said:

On ours towards the end of March, it shows COM in the main theater, but still lists a price of 15.99 which I don’t believe is correct.  Also, not available for online booking.

Same with our March booking. I think that the Brat Pack has mentioned a cost for a year after it moved to the Main theater. 

Just off the Escape on Sunday , there is no charge for the choir of men in the theatre, make sure you go it’s an excellent show ,get there early and go up on stage and get a beer and talk to the cast !

no one on the ship for the whole 2 weeks mentioned anything about the premium drinks upgrade , I only noticed it on the last 5 days when the bar menus finally came out ,

Escape "was" scheduled to be at GSC today, 2nd. stop on its W. Carib 14 days sailing this week - after Port Canaveral - well, it's now a fun day at sea (again ... like us earlier last month) unable to safely tender ashore.

Seas looked calm & the RCL ship was seen at its neighboring private island as well - but, with NE wind at 14 knots ... conditions said to be consider unfavorable for tendering, ship got there earlier but apparently, gave up & kept going - moving NE away from the area, not heading to Nassau either - at 18 knots.  

As we understood it, Bahamas authorities & the safety manager at GSC are the ones making the decision to "close" the island for the ship, not even in consultation with the ship captain.  Next stop should be Ocho Rios, Jamaica on Thursday. 

On 2/5/2019 at 11:04 PM, cathi007 said:

Just got off Sunday and I miss it so much I’m ready to book next cruise

A fair number of folks that were on our cruise are booking the Bliss 14 days  for January 19th 2020 (same itinerary and the ship looks to be even better than Escape) hint hint see you there?!!??! :classic_wink:

On 2/3/2019 at 3:23 AM, Shidah said:

Anyone recently off the Escape that can report on:

Choir of Man in the main theater?

What replaced COM in the supper club?

Was the premium drink package made available to you onboard?

Did you make it to GSC?

Choir of Man in the theater was a hoot!

There were lots of acts in the Supper Club nearly every night and multiple times. All were free. There was one pay performance in there by Melba Moore but we didn't see that. Nearly all of the acts were good...the food was mostly "OK" but nothing that really stood out. But again they were free and enjoyable.

19 minutes ago, Red-Sol said:

A fair number of folks that were on our cruise are booking the Bliss 14 days  for January 19th 2020 (same itinerary and the ship looks to be even better than Escape) hint hint see you there?!!??! :classic_wink:

I know, believe me I wish I could, but I am a teacher and I got special permission for this vacation because my daughter has cancer and we wanted to treat her and her family for a celebration of life trip. I will never be able to sail in January again 😞

I have to sail during my time off, which is Thanksgiving, Christmas, March, or the summer 😞 Otherwise I would already have that trip booked. 

9 hours ago, cathi007 said:

I know, believe me I wish I could, but I am a teacher and I got special permission for this vacation because my daughter has cancer and we wanted to treat her and her family for a celebration of life trip. I will never be able to sail in January again 😞

I have to sail during my time off, which is Thanksgiving, Christmas, March, or the summer 😞 Otherwise I would already have that trip booked. 

Oh I wasn't aware of the circumstances for you and your family. I am very happy for you though that you were all able to make so many beautiful memories. All the best thoughts and prayers along with good Karma coming your way. 🙏

Thanksgiving time is often a good time to sail. Nice to leave all the dishes for NCL to take care of! :classic_smile: That plus the prices don't usually shoot through the roof like they do over Christmas or New Years.

Safe Travels and more good memories for all of you down the road Cathi  🦄

On 2/9/2019 at 8:14 AM, Red-Sol said:

Oh I wasn't aware of the circumstances for you and your family. I am very happy for you though that you were all able to make so many beautiful memories. All the best thoughts and prayers along with good Karma coming your way. 🙏

Thanksgiving time is often a good time to sail. Nice to leave all the dishes for NCL to take care of! :classic_smile: That plus the prices don't usually shoot through the roof like they do over Christmas or New Years.

Safe Travels and more good memories for all of you down the road Cathi  🦄

Thanks so much, it has been a difficult road for her and her family. She was pregnant and 27 years old when she was diagnosed. He prognosis is pretty good, but she is BRCA positive, so we know (others in family have not done so well with same mutation) how precious life is. We wanted to make memories for the family and give her and her hubby a break. We have done a few Thanksgiving cruises, we might have to go back to that. I wish I could do the Bliss sailing next year. Who knows maybe hubby will hit the lotto, lol. Good luck to you. I didn't get to meet you on the cruise, bc I was late to the M&G. I did get to meet Don and a few others. 🙂