Rockers on the Edge

TexasBlue7

We just got off the Edge and when we returned to our cabin (S3) the rocker was gone. We asked what was up and was told they had so many complaints about the huge rocker they were replacing them with smaller ones.  My next question was “did they fire the person that had approved them to start with?”  We actually had ours on the veranda which was huge as loved it.    Saw one in a S2 and it took up lots of room inside.  

How did you like your S3? Have seen a lot of reviews of Edge but not much about these. Was wondering if we should move to S2. A bit of feed back when you get time would be appreciated. We sail in April .

Thanks!

Hope they replace the horrible huge rockers with a coffee table so it is possible to order room service.  

Also regarding an s3 as long as not blocked by magic Carpet or its railing fine. Also some attached to other cabins so hope somebody has more information for you.  We had an S1 on the opposite side of the ship and really liked it sans the rocking chair

Edited by Cruise a holic

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:39 PM, bigley said:

How did you like your S3? Have seen a lot of reviews of Edge but not much about these. Was wondering if we should move to S2. A bit of feed back when you get time would be appreciated. We sail in April .

Thanks!

I've tried to respond to this twice and something has gone crosswords both times.  :(   Now if I can remember what I wrote the first two times.  LOL  The S3 had a huge veranda and the room was also very big. We had one of the two middle S3 that have the connected inside stateroom.  The one door in the hallway opened up to another hallway to our door and the other stateroom door.  This took our state room I'd say 8' from the hallway and the room was about a quite as you could ask for.  We never heard the two ladies in the inside stateroom the whole week.  If you are looking for the room with the bed facing out with the bathroom window also looking out over the bed you will need the S2.  We saw an S2 and we believe the S3 was roomier.  I'd say the veranda was at least twice as big as the S2 we were in. We had our rocker (removed and to be replace by a smaller rocker they claimed) on the veranda and we could have put another chair or two out there with the other two straight chairs.  The only issue you might have with the veranda is you can not see front or back down the ship as the magic carpet rails block you.  But the view was awesome looking out. The two outside S3 has a large port hole (glass) on them and you could either look forward or back depending on their location.  There view out was not as wide as the two middle ones as the magic carpet rails blocked part of their view.  As a side note, I think the magic carpet is a bust.  It's not fully enclosed and very windy on it.  They will have to re-engineer it to make it useful.

One of the additional advantage we saw with our S3 (we were in one of the 2 insides as well) was to be protected by the wind really nicely, and from the rain ( the MC was mostly on 14/16 all week when we were there). 

Considering the wind on our cruise, that was great! Would book it again in a heartbeat.