Ski-Lady

I am Diamond + on Royal so I know I will be Elite on Celebrity. We haven't cruise Celebrity before so I am starting with 0 points.

We had a Galapagos cruise booked with the Machu Picchu add on after for a total of 15 days. Due to recent surgery my partner will not be going but I still am. Yes, we do have insurance to cover him.

I have 2 questions. 1. Do I earn points for the land portion?  2 Will I get double points for doing this trip solo? Well 3 questions. #. If I do get points for the land portion do I get double points for that too?

I did receive points for the land portion of the 10 night Galapagos package (3 nights land, 7 nights sailing); would think the Machu Picchu add-on also receives points, but am not 100% certain on this.

1 hour ago, Orator said:

Can't give a definitive answer to Galapagos questions other than you only receive double points if you pay the full single supplement. You currently have 0 points with Celebrity. 

I have paid in full for both fares. Insurance is refunding my partner's fare.

Would it be fair if you received double points when insurance paid 1/2 of the total fare and you paid only for one fare? The rules is simple: You must have paid full single supplement fare to received double points. 

You must actaully sail to receive points, and you cannot receive someone else's points.. It does not matter if the fare is paid in full. No sail = no points.

Yes, you do receive points for the land portion - pre-cruise as well as post cruise. Are you sailing in a regulart OV cabin? Suites reveive more points.

Edited by sippican

2 hours ago, Ski-Lady said:

I am Diamond + on Royal so I know I will be Elite on Celebrity. We haven't cruise Celebrity before so I am starting with 0 points.

We had a Galapagos cruise booked with the Machu Picchu add on after for a total of 15 days. Due to recent surgery my partner will not be going but I still am. Yes, we do have insurance to cover him.

I have 2 questions. 1. Do I earn points for the land portion?  2 Will I get double points for doing this trip solo? Well 3 questions. #. If I do get points for the land portion do I get double points for that too?

You only get the double points if you booked the cabin as a solo cabin, not if it was booked as a double and one person did not show up or cancelled.

Steve