Ketchikan: Misty Fjords Wilderness Explorer Cruise or Wildlife Safari Cruise & Beach

cruises42

The wilderness explorer cruise IMHO was a waste of time.  A high speed catamaran takes 45 minutes each way to reach the Misty Fjords but it must stay a long distance from the "wilderness" meaning no photo ops.  If a whale is spotted, the boat will slow for only a few minutes.  Bring a good book and some tunes.  There is only 30 minutes of cruising slowly once in the Misty Fjords. 

The highlight of the boat ride is a single rock sticking up from the water:

image.png.85e97e5eee6f1d6b3393ad63f8b1eb91.png

A better excursion would be the Misty Fjords flight with water landing in the Fjords and you can leave your book on the ship with so much scenery to keep you occupied during the flight.

image.png.77ca180e9b3c7baa228ea66d130d5d85.png

• Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:40 PM, Crew News said:

The wilderness explorer cruise IMHO was a waste of time.  A high speed catamaran takes 45 minutes each way to reach the Misty Fjords but it must stay a long distance from the "wilderness" meaning no photo ops.  If a whale is spotted, the boat will slow for only a few minutes.  Bring a good book and some tunes.  There is only 30 minutes of cruising slowly once in the Misty Fjords. 

The highlight of the boat ride is a single rock sticking up from the water:

image.png.85e97e5eee6f1d6b3393ad63f8b1eb91.png

A better excursion would be the Misty Fjords flight with water landing in the Fjords and you can leave your book on the ship with so much scenery to keep you occupied during the flight.

image.png.77ca180e9b3c7baa228ea66d130d5d85.png

Thanks, it's a hard decision. Some people love the cruise, others hate it, the same for the bonfire. I was just hoping to get more opinions. We have already done the flight to Misty Fjords.

A vote for "love the cruise!"

This May, my wife and I will take our 7th Alaska cruise.  We took the flight once.  We took the Wildlife Safari once.  In May, we're booked for Misty Fjord for the fifth time.

'Nuff said.

--Marne

5 hours ago, marne-c said:

A vote for "love the cruise!"

This May, my wife and I will take our 7th Alaska cruise.  We took the flight once.  We took the Wildlife Safari once.  In May, we're booked for Misty Fjord for the fifth time.

'Nuff said.

--Marne

So you didn't like the wildlife Safari & Bonfire? Some reviews of the Misty Fjords cruise says you are so far from shore you don't see any wildlife. Why did you like it so much?