Schedule/Timing of Bernards Tour II

traveler1980

We are looking at taking Bernards Island Tour II that has the two hour beach stop.  I'm mostly curious as to the stops after Maho and timing of arriving at Maho.  That is a big deal for my husband and boys.  I have written Bernards, but they only answered one of my questions which was we could stay at Maho and then find our own way back to the ship.  Would we be missing a lot by not being on the tour for the drive through Simpson Bay Marina and Harold Jack Hill?  If you have taken this tour what time do you think you arrived at Maho?  It says on tour information that since our ship arrives at 8 we would leave at 9, but then when looking to book the tour it says tour would meet at 9:30.  Thanks for your help! 

We have been with Benards twice.  They have many buses going out for tours.  They ask you your ship and arrival time and group you accordingly prior to your arrival.  They will be waiting for you when you get off the ship.  You pay and they take you to your tour van.  We had to wait about 20 minutes while they waited for others to arrive from our ship who would be on our tour.

We took the tour you are talking about twice.  When we were at Maho around 2 pm, they said if we all agreed, we could stay there longer before heading back to town.  If people wanted to leave Maho after a short visit there, the van took the group back to town to give them time to do a bit of shopping before heading back to the ship.

We have been with Benards twice.  They have many buses going out for tours.  They ask you your ship and arrival time and group you accordingly prior to your arrival.  They will be waiting for you when you get off the ship.  You pay and they take you to your tour van.  We had to wait about 20 minutes while they waited for others to arrive from our ship who would be on our tour.

We took the tour you are talking about twice.  When we were at Maho around 2 pm, they said if we all agreed, we could stay there longer before heading back to town.  If people wanted to leave Maho after a short visit there, the van took the group back to town to give them time to do a bit of shopping before heading back to the ship.

Later this month I will be using Bernard's tours for the time. I chose to do their Orient/Maho beach tour on their website. It is about 1.5 to 2 hours at each beach. I wanted to experience Maho for a bit and figured this may be the best option.

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2019 at 9:27 AM, mdin said:

Later this month I will be using Bernard's tours for the time. I chose to do their Orient/Maho beach tour on their website. It is about 1.5 to 2 hours at each beach. I wanted to experience Maho for a bit and figured this may be the best option.

What did you do besides the beach on your tour?

• 2 weeks later...

As for Bernard's tour 2, IMO you wouldn't be missing anything by staying at Maho.  After Maho, it just seemed like a circuitous route back to port- we didn't have any stops where we needed to get off the bus.  Our guide was pointing things out, but also mentioned we needed to finish the drinks in the cooler.  

I dont remember what time we got to Maho but i think it was at least 1 pm, if not a little later.  Most people chose to eat at the first beach stop.  I didn't get out of the water until the very end, but I overheard some grumpiness about cost of food there, so you might want to check before you go.  

• Like 1