Has anyone been on FOS lately?

goldgirl2

On 2/5/2019 at 12:01 PM, EeyoreRN said:

I've been following this topic for a while as I am sailing on Freedom out of San Juan for the first time in May.  It was not just one sailing, though the one with the radio station seemed to be the worst.  There have been tons of reports of this happening on many sailings since Freedom moved to San Juan.  

Please let us know how you find it!

Hi there, I sailed on Freedom of the Seas the 11/4/18 sailing.  I also saw that you had made a note in our Roll Call looking for advice and reviews I believe.  We visited St Kitts, St Lucia, Antigua, Barbados and St Maarten.  

If there’s anything specific you’d like to know, feel free to ask.  I haven’t posted an official review of the cruise (and may not be able to due to certain constraints).

~ Jasper

To whom it may concern: we had way too much rain and overcast skies when we sailed from San Juan the first week of November.  I would never do a Caribbean cruise in November again (still at the tail end of hurricane season I think - no wonder the rates were reasonable).  December- May I am guessing would be fine.

We have done a couple of San Juan cruises and just did an ABC cruise on Freedom January 13th to the 20th. Definitely didn't notice any rude passengers, at least not anything that stood out more than any other cruise. I think in general when you have 3,000+ people all in one place you're going to get some rude people.

Cutting in line at the Windjammer, I'm not sure if I'd even notice it if it happened to be honest. People are walking around WJ in both directions and if there's nobody getting food at the middle of an island I wouldn't even think twice if I saw somebody come up and just get the food that nobody was currently getting. 

53 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

We have done a couple of San Juan cruises and just did an ABC cruise on Freedom January 13th to the 20th. Definitely didn't notice any rude passengers, at least not anything that stood out more than any other cruise. I think in general when you have 3,000+ people all in one place you're going to get some rude people.

Cutting in line at the Windjammer, I'm not sure if I'd even notice it if it happened to be honest. People are walking around WJ in both directions and if there's nobody getting food at the middle of an island I wouldn't even think twice if I saw somebody come up and just get the food that nobody was currently getting. 

I have read too many reports of people cutting in line at the Windjammer. I have never seen it unless people are referring to the above scenario as cutting in line. The above scenario happens all the time. I see no problem with people bypassing the food they don't want and moving on to the food they do want. If the above scenario is "cutting in line", I have absolutely no problem with it.

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I see no problem with people bypassing the food they don't want and moving on to the food they do want. If the above scenario is "cutting in line", I have absolutely no problem with it.

Agreed.  I'll do that (go straight to the item I want) as long as I'm not slowing anyone down.  Many of the stations aren't meant to have a "line" anyway. 

Dan

On Sunday we sail on Freedom.  We were on Adventure twice out of San Juan and never had a problem.   All three San Juan cruises were sold out or very close to it.   That may make a difference with crowd onboard.   If a lot of rooms are left close to sailing they may offer locals very reduced rates.