Royal Caribbean - Adventure of the Seas Cabin & ....

shelly222

Hello, 

Has anyone stayed in cabin #6304 on Royal Caribbeans Adventure of the Seas? Anything we need to know. I am hoping my sons' wheelchair will fit on the balcony? Access department couldn't confirm so now I am worried as we always spend a lot of time out on the balcony but have yet to sail on RC. 

We are sailing out of Fort Lauderdale to Bonaire, Curacao and Aruba? Have tours set up for Bonaire and Curacao, but nothing yet for Aruba. 

Thank you all.. 

Happy Cruising... 

On 2/5/2019 at 6:09 PM, shelly222 said:

Hello, 

Has anyone stayed in cabin #6304 on Royal Caribbeans Adventure of the Seas? Anything we need to know. I am hoping my sons' wheelchair will fit on the balcony? Access department couldn't confirm so now I am worried as we always spend a lot of time out on the balcony but have yet to sail on RC. 

When will you be cruising?  My daughter will be in that cabin in early April...we can check then for you if timing works...let me know.

What is the size of the balcony? That should tell you if there's enough room. My guess is that you can get it out but not be able to move around too much. We had 7604 last year. My wife was able to get off her wheel chair and walk a couple of steps into the balcony and sit on the chair.

Hi, it would help if you posted the dimensions of your son's wheelchair. 

We have had a balcony, but I cannot remember which ship, we could get my son's wheelchair onto the balcony but we had to be extra careful as our chair is not a standard size wheelchair.

On 2/8/2019 at 9:49 AM, mmsoko said:

When will you be cruising?  My daughter will be in that cabin in early April...we can check then for you if timing works...let me know.

That would be great and I would really appreciate it. We don't cruise until December. 

9 hours ago, Bloodgem said:

Hi, it would help if you posted the dimensions of your son's wheelchair. 

We have had a balcony, but I cannot remember which ship, we could get my son's wheelchair onto the balcony but we had to be extra careful as our chair is not a standard size wheelchair.

Width is 24" and length is 37". 

10 hours ago, mets123 said:

What is the size of the balcony? That should tell you if there's enough room. My guess is that you can get it out but not be able to move around too much. We had 7604 last year. My wife was able to get off her wheel chair and walk a couple of steps into the balcony and sit on the chair.

No one knows what the width and length is of the balcony so I can figure it out. I and my TA have been trying to find out but no one can tell us, otherwise I wouldn't be asking the question. :) 

Our wheelchair is 29" wide and  44" long  and with careful manoeuvring we have managed to take my son on to the balcony.

I would consider posting your question on the main RCI thread as you may get more people who will be able to give you the dimensions of the balconies.

4 hours ago, shelly222 said:

That would be great and I would really appreciate it. We don't cruise until December. r. 

4 hours ago, shelly222 said:

Consider it done. Put reminder on my phone😁

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mets123 said:

It took me all of two minutes to find out that the balcony is 42 square feet. All I did was a dummy booking.

Yes, I knew it was 42sq feet as that’s easy to find out as its listed in description of cabin when selecting room, etc.  That doesn’t tell me how wide or long the balcony is. 

Edited by shelly222

1 hour ago, mets123 said:

You seem very ungrateful to someone trying to help. I said 42 square feet. I never saw that mentioned in your post. You can figure it to be somewhere between 9x5 and 10x4.2. I will stop trying to help, you don't seem to appreciate it.

I’m sorry u don’t think I’m appreciating u trying to help. I’m sorry your info has yet to answer what I’m looking for. How is it that square footage would tell me if a certain object wil fit or not? It doesn’t.  Above I mentioned no one knows width and length which is what I’m trying to figure out. I’m sorry u feel that way. One would think that length / width is critical when wanting to put a wheelchair or any other chair object on a balcony. 42 sq feet is everywhere on site and in your booking plus sq footage doesn’t do me any good. The sq footage is also what the CL gives out when u ask. Sq footage tells me nothing about the length or width. It can be many forms of numbers to total it. That does no one any good in a w/c. Either the chair won’t fit or it will so I was asking for the specifics in hopes someone would know approximate size that would help in our situation. Thank you for your info but I’m sorry it doesn’t give me what I’m looking for. And that does not mean I don’t appreciate your help it just means I still don’t have the info I’m needing. It’s a frustrating situation! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 2:56 AM, Semi Retired said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNF1OSMCd9E 

This will be your cabin. The balcony is wider than the standard and has no edge to go over when you go out.

Thx for posting. My daughter will have this cabin on Adventure of Seas in April. Great that she can see ahead of time. 

I noticed doors between balconies. I was told that doors couldn’t be opened between balconies on this style ship. Is that true?? 

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2019 at 6:09 PM, shelly222 said:

Hello, 

We are sailing out of Fort Lauderdale to Bonaire, Curacao and Aruba? Have tours set up for Bonaire and Curacao, but nothing yet for Aruba. 

Thank you all.. 

Happy Cruising... 

Hi.  We measured the balcony with our 12' tape...the depth is 57 inches....length was a little more than 13 feet.  Hope this helps.

Bathroom was generous with roll in capacity.  ramps to get out to balcony.

If you need refrigerator for medicine you need to order in advance.  It's about the size of a 6pack cooler.  The "frig" looking thing in the room is just a cooler not a refrigerator.  

Enjoy your cruise...we did.

On 2/12/2019 at 5:08 PM, cb at sea said:

Because this balcony cabin is HC, you will have a ramp onto the balcony.  He will be able to be ON the balcony.  It's not too deep, but it will fit.  No worries.  Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you... Opps I see I did already respond but thank you again 🙂... 

Edited by shelly222

On 2/25/2019 at 9:13 AM, jpcello said:

We were in 7300 (so one deck up and two cabins over) last summer. Surprised I had a picture!

Hope this helps.

Displaying IMG_0495.jpg

For whatever reason, the photo is not showing.. Thank you though.. :) 

On 2/25/2019 at 11:56 PM, Semi Retired said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNF1OSMCd9E 

This will be your cabin. The balcony is wider than the standard and has no edge to go over when you go out.

Thank you so much for the video.. I really appreciate it and its nice to see what we will have... I apologize for such a late response, but I never received a notification of your post until this morning. Again, thank you

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, mmsoko said:

Hi.  We measured the balcony with our 12' tape...the depth is 57 inches....length was a little more than 13 feet.  Hope this helps.

If you need refrigerator for medicine you need to order in advance.  It's about the size of a 6pack cooler.  The "frig" looking thing in the room is just a cooler not a refrigerator.  

You are the best! Thank you so much!! I can't wait for our cruise.. Glad you guys had a good time... If you don't mind me asking, what ports did you go to? Thank you again.. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 11:10 AM, mmsoko said:

Yes, Shelly I agree, square footage does no good.. We ran into that on our last cruise.. I thought with such and such sq footage my daughters' w/c will fit no problem and it didn't at all. We were so bummed, so now I know to try to find out the W X L to know for sure since her chair is not standard, but custom. Thank you for posting this question here and glad u guys are in the same room as us. Would love to hear of your experience when you return and how it worked out. Happy Cruising! 

MMSOKO... Thank you so much for this info! This helps ALOT!!! We will actually be in this room in April 2020.. 

On 2/11/2019 at 9:24 AM, Bloodgem said:

Our wheelchair is 29" wide and  44" long  and with careful manoeuvring we have managed to take my son on to the balcony.

I would consider posting your question on the main RCI thread as you may get more people who will be able to give you the dimensions of the balconies.

Thank you so much... This really helps as my daughters' chair is a tad bigger than the OP. Hers is 25" w but 45" length from front to back. I am so glad to hear that your son was able to take his chair on the balcony. We spend a lot of time out there and plan to on this cruise with four sea days so it was critical to be able to.. However, RC is putting a lounge chair on our balcony which will go sideways but she can still lay on it for short periods which will be nice too.. Shelly, you might see if RC can do this for your son if he likes and can lay down on a lounge chair.