port of miami to deerfield beach

bingomamma19

We are on the Carnival Horizon from march 23 to 31.   After we debark on March 31st, we are staying at the Embassy suites in Deerfield Beach, Fl.  

What is the best way to get from the cruise to the hotel?    I don't want to rent a car...what other options do I have for 3 people and what is the average cost of the options?

Thanks

14 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

That's a long way, an hour and a half?

Uber or Lyft.

That's a great Embassy BTW, a girlfriend stayed there back in October and loved the pool!

Yes...so looking forward to that.   When we booked our cruise the airfare to go back home to Wisconsin was 400 per person on Sunday.   If we waited until Tuesday, it was 200.   So 3 people = 600 in savings--we booked a wrap around balcony for less than that price.    So, 2 extra days vacation for no extra money :)

I am thinking we may do an UBER I guess.    Its 41 miles per a google search.   I saw there is a train, but it looks like it doesn't run much on weekends and you have to take a taxi the rest of the way?

1 hour ago, bingomamma19 said:

Yes...so looking forward to that.   When we booked our cruise the airfare to go back home to Wisconsin was 400 per person on Sunday.   If we waited until Tuesday, it was 200.   So 3 people = 600 in savings--we booked a wrap around balcony for less than that price.    So, 2 extra days vacation for no extra money :)

I am thinking we may do an UBER I guess.    Its 41 miles per a google search.   I saw there is a train, but it looks like it doesn't run much on weekends and you have to take a taxi the rest of the way?

You could do the Brightline or Tri Rail to Fort Lauderdale but then you are STILL a long Uber ride to Deerfield Beach.

1 hour ago, hbe30 said:

The A1A south from Hillsboro is closed. If you stay at the Embassy Suites I think best thing to do is to call the hotel for directions from the station.

That current sewer line project is a mess but shouldn't impact the OP since it is still very south of the hotel and will end at SE 10th Street (projected in October) just a block south of the hotel.  The tri-rail station is on W Hillsboro Blvd, miles away from the current A1A construction.  The drive to the Embassy Suites is about 4 miles going east on W Hillsboro Blvd for 3 1/2 miles and then south on A1A for 1/2 mile to the hotel.