Pros and cons of my room on Royal Princess

Grammycruiser07

Hi all, I’m booking my cruise on Royal Princess in August 2019. I’ve been given a balcony room on deck 15 forward. I have 24 hours to confirm this booking, and I would love opinions on this option. I’m usually midship, and I’ve also never been on this particular ship. Thanks for any input!

11 minutes ago, Grammycruiser07 said:

Voljeep I am going through a TA, and I was looking for the best deal

fair enough ... what was the difference in price between that forward cabin and say one closer to mid-ship?

Do you have a specific cabin number??  If you do I suggest you look above and below it on the deck plan!  This way you may be able to avoid noise and crew/service areas.  I have been on the Regal, Royal's sister ship in a deck 14 midships cabin that was quiet and calm which made for a great cruise!  Good luck with your decision!

Whitetrike

First the OP needs to be sure the cabin is not under something on the Lido deck that could generate noise.  The cabin needs to be forward of the forward elevator bank.  At times when the ship has to drop anchor, there will be noise as the anchor is let go and the chain is let out depending on how close to the bow the cabin is located.  The other point is that in rough water those near the bow will hear the huge waves hitting the bow and can cause a lot of up/down movement of the ship.