Are They Serious??

jd1966

23 minutes ago, jd1966 said:

First time MSC cruiser. We are on the Seaside on March 9 (7:00 PM departure). My boarding docs state that my "Check-In Opens at 16:15)". What time do they really start the boarding process?

I asked the same thing on my roll call.  It's the time they would prefer you board to control the crowd.  Apparently it's just a suggestion. 

We are on the same cruise, our E-Ticket says 15:30

we will be there at 10:30

IMO we paid for a 7 day cruise, not 6-1/2.

I like to explore and those extra 5hrs is time I have paid for.

See you onboard.

also interested on hearing from seasoned MSC patrons as to official and unofficial way to proceed.

Happy Days!

We sailed in December arrived at 11 and onboard by 11:30.  Was not busy at that time either.  Our Docs also said a later time,  I think 16:15. 

Never went by boarding time on Docs with any cruise line. 

It's my first day, i am arriving early to begin my cruise.

18 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

We are on the same cruise, our E-Ticket says 15:30

we will be there at 10:30

IMO we paid for a 7 day cruise, not 6-1/2.

I like to explore and those extra 5hrs is time I have paid for.

See you onboard.

also interested on hearing from seasoned MSC patrons as to official and unofficial way to proceed.

Happy Days!

You’ve actually paid for nights, not days.

9 minutes ago, ChrisB66 said:

8 days 7 nights my cruise Docs stated.  

Your first and last day are included in the days.

Embarkation day - you get approximately 12 hours of the day. (noon - midnight)

Disembarkation day - you get approximately 10 hour of the day. (midnight - 10)

6 minutes ago, KevInPitt said:

Your cruise documents may refer to both days and nights but MSC sells on a per-night basis, not a per-day basis.   

When i rang recently to book the Bellissima at the end of the call the booking was read back to me and stated 8 day 7 nights.  Which would indicate to me it's 8 days 7 nights.   Even states it on my invoice.  

13 minutes ago, KevInPitt said:

Your cruise documents may refer to both days and nights but MSC sells on a per-night basis, not a per-day basis.   

Well I’ll disagree with you,  and if you want to get on 5hrs after me that’s your prerogative.

some people cease to amaze me.

27DD45A7-7EF6-4662-B3A3-7994B44460A2.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor
8 Days
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Sorry disagree with you.

8 days, 7 nights 

You are welcome to disagree with me but it doesn’t change facts about the basis upon which sells MSC their cruises.

Edited by KevInPitt

19 hours ago, jd1966 said:

First time MSC cruiser. We are on the Seaside on March 9 (7:00 PM departure). My boarding docs state that my "Check-In Opens at 16:15)". What time do they really start the boarding process?

We've cruise MSC many times - they usually start embarking incoming passengers around 11:00am. MSC does like to separate incoming passengers into groups so that everyone doesn't show up at once, but you'll be able to get on board if you arrive at the port at noon. Definitely don't wait until 4:15pm.

Edited by max996

3 minutes ago, KevInPitt said:

You are welcome to disagree with me but it doesn’t change facts about the basis upon which sells MSC their cruises.

You are correct,.

I cannot disagree with their sales Model.

But we have all paid to enjoy as much time on the ship as we can, and We will be on that ship enjoying Day 1, as soon as it is legally possible to board,

enjoying an ice cold beer in my Suite or on the pool deck in my Cabana or in the Jacuzzi on my balcony.

so OP, 10:30 perfectly a good time to start enjoying your vacation.

YMMV as to what you expect in return for the cost you have paid.😉

1 minute ago, PompeySailor said:

You are correct,.

I cannot disagree with their sales Model.

But we have all paid to enjoy as much time on the ship as we can, and We will be on that ship enjoying Day 1, as soon as it is legally possible to board,

enjoying an ice cold beer in my Suite or on the pool deck in my Cabana or in the Jacuzzi on my balcony.

so OP, 10:30 perfectly a good time to start enjoying your vacation.

YMMV as to what you expect in return for the cost you have paid.😉

Agreed.

I can't believe y'all are arguing over the semantics of days/nights on a cruise ship. We all know how it works..  Obviously you won't get 168 hours onboard for a 7 day cruise. Impossible. 

Cruise On. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I can't believe y'all are arguing over the semantics of days/nights on a cruise ship. We all know how it works..  Obviously you won't get 168 hours onboard for a 7 day cruise. Impossible. 

Cruise On. 

This actually made me laugh and I agree with you on this point. I was reading this thread because I also sail Seaside 3/09. It's my 2nd time on Seaside and sailed on other cruiselines also. I NEVER look at my boarding selection, I simply show up sometime in the 10:30-11:30 am time frame.  Although  MSC has some flaws in their customer service department, the ship is beautiful and their embarkation process is quite effortless. We prefer to begin our "7 day cruise" as quickly as possible. I'm not going to get into minutes or seconds. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Edited by kiminey65

On 2/7/2019 at 1:03 PM, jd1966 said:

Around noon.

We’ve just finished a 7 night round trip from Dubai on the Splendida

Our flight arrived 8am on the first day and we were concerned that our suggested boarding time was early evening for the 11.30pm sailaway

As it transpired it was the easiest embarkation we’ve had with any cruise line. Our taxi dropped us at the port around 10.30am. By 11.00 we were in our cabin and enjoying the drinks package! Bags arrived around 3pm so no complaints

Enjoy

We did a Dubai cruise on Fantasia - on the last morning we had to vacate our cabins at 2.30am as MSC had booked us on the early morning flight home!!!  Could that have been counted as 1 of our 7 nights??!!!  🤔

Edited by Beamafar
  • Haha 1