Buckets of beer

cruzinfamilyof4

I can't find a current price list for the buckets of beer; Dos Equis in particular. Do they still have the buy 4 beers get 5 beers buckets? What is the current price for the buckets? I'm trying to decide if I just want to pre-purchase some beer or what until we get on board. Thanks!

57 minutes ago, coevan said:

I just searched the Fun Shops, Dos Equis was $21 for 4, Bud was $24 so $5.50-6.00 a beer, about the same as buckets. I am pretty sure a gratuity is added for buckets, no sure about the Fun Shops

I did notice that with the fun shops. Just was trying to figure out if it was cheaper to get the buckets once on board. They used to have a buy 4 get the 5th beer free for 24.00.  We loved that deal and drank a lot of Dos Equis that cruise. 

1 minute ago, cruzinfamilyof4 said:

I did notice that with the fun shops. Just was trying to figure out if it was cheaper to get the buckets once on board. They used to have a buy 4 get the 5th beer free for 24.00.  We loved that deal and drank a lot of Dos Equis that cruise. 

I also looked for that deal as we usually get a bucket for the room. Couldn't find it either. Just got off Princess in Nov. and they had the 5 for 4 bucket. Hmmm...

15 minutes ago, louanne93 said:

I also looked for that deal as we usually get a bucket for the room. Couldn't find it either. Just got off Princess in Nov. and they had the 5 for 4 bucket. Hmmm...

The difference is you need to go to a bar to get the bucket and then bring it back to your cabin. Fun shops delivers to your cabin. 

When we sailed last year a bucket was 4 beers or ciders, with a savings of $2 (.50/beer) over purchasing individually.  At that time in cabin price for 4 was the same as purchasing a bucket.  I think if you do cabin delivery they will be warm, so you will need to get ice anyway or wait for the cabin fridge to cool them (if you have one).