April 20th 2019 Seaside sailing YC still available

Mattnvick

They are pricing me out..... I enjoyed the opportunity to try YC out when prices were discounted last year.... But now  that I've done it....don't feel like paying $2K more for my wife and I. Don't need to splurge that badly!! But for those who have yet to sail in YC....definitely do it. The experience is amazing!!

Edited by lcpagejr
  • Like 2

Probably either block-booked and not sold by TAs or just 'held' bookings that people didn't want and now it's post final payment date.

That's the problem with MSC's policy of refunding deposits for US bookings.  On this side of the pond, if we cancel, we lose our deposit, so we don't book and 'hold' cabins for the sake of it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

Probably either block-booked and not sold by TAs or just 'held' bookings that people didn't want and now it's post final payment date.

That's the problem with MSC's policy of refunding deposits for US bookings.  On this side of the pond, if we cancel, we lose our deposit, so we don't book and 'hold' cabins for the sake of it!

Beam... Your right. Thats how I got YC last March...Cabins came available within 60 days...I had been monitoring for a month or so...then all of a sudden a group of cabins opened up and I jumped on it

43 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

There is one on Divina's transatlantic next month, too. Twenty days, $12.3K for two people.  

Ouch!  (Mind you, it's just over €6K pp for a YC inside on our Meraviglia Oct 23 night sailing!  😱

Just now, lcpagejr said:

Beam... Your right. Thats how I got YC last March...Cabins came available within 60 days...I had been monitoring for a month or so...then all of a sudden a group of cabins opened up and I jumped on it

But, as you say, the prices are getting pretty steep now for YC - in fact, across all the categories!  I've been looking at 2020 but there isn't anything that I'd be tempted by;  in fact, the prices are scaring me off!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

But, as you say, the prices are getting pretty steep now for YC - in fact, across all the categories!  I've been looking at 2020 but there isn't anything that I'd be tempted by;  in fact, the prices are scaring me off!

Exactly....I really wanted to do again.... but pp is $900/pp more than I paid last year around the same time. I should be thankful I had the opportunity to take advantage of the lower fares....I guess our reviews were too glowing and everyone jumped on board...LOL

I don't know for the US sailings, it might be similar to Europe; and here in Europe they will free for all cabins not sold on TA blocks 59 days prior to sailing. Accessible cabins not reclaimed by eligible individuals by a TA will be free for all 44 days prior to the sailing. They will eventually open for any last minute withdrawal they might have.

Hope to have helped a little bit.

Prices are somewhat higher right now... But good promotions might to be coming soon. And the YC is not the Cruise Industry "TOP secret" any more... It remains a good value for the money though, at least, from where I live; on both the Fantasia class ships and inside cabins on the newer ones...

Have a nice day!... 🙂

• Like 1

Nunagoras ... have you looked at YC prices for 2020?  😱

Even for 2019 they're pretty steep.  Fortunately we booked last year for our Seaview cruise in August and we got a very nice discount on our Meraviglia one in October (there's no way we would have paid the full price for this cruise!)

Edited by Beamafar

Yes! I watch them from time to time. Incredibly (or not so much...), just by reading these boards, it seems clear that MSC's pricing is not the same elsewhere. They might to be higher for the Brits and lower for the Portuguese, or the other way round. Let alone the odd promotions here and there.

Such a curiosity from the PT site: Fantasia class YC are being priced at the "good old" prices as well as inside rooms on newer classes. Some very out of season cruises do have good prices as well. High season is basically more on the likes of RCI pricing...

...But generally, even in "steerage", MSC is becoming, price wise, pretty similar to the likes of RCI. Would I sail an MSC cruise at RCI prices? Probably not! Hopefully I can find some good deals from their tour group operator partners here... Just for "steerage" cabins, but hey: As far as their prices remain reasonable I'll continue to go with them...

Have a nice day!... 🙂

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 9:03 AM, lcpagejr said:

They are pricing me out..... I enjoyed the opportunity to try YC out when prices were discounted last year.... But now  that I've done it....don't feel like paying $2K more for my wife and I. Don't need to splurge that badly!! But for those who have yet to sail in YC....definitely do it. The experience is amazing!!

YC on Seaside Nov 2019 is an $1100pp upgrade now.  Seems a bit pricey to me as well.

58 minutes ago, neptuno said:

YC on Seaside Nov 2019 is an $1100pp upgrade now.  Seems a bit pricey to me as well.

I would pay $1100 to upgrade to the YC on Divina's upcoming transatlantic. There is still one available, 28 days out. Anyone from MSC reading these boards? 🤣

12 hours ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

I would pay $1100 to upgrade to the YC on Divina's upcoming transatlantic. There is still one available, 28 days out. Anyone from MSC reading these boards? 🤣

I was referring to a seven day Seaside cruise.  Which Divina departure are you referring to?  

4 minutes ago, neptuno said:

I was referring to a seven day Seaside cruise.  Which Divina departure are you referring to?  

Do you have some "pull" at MSC? The 3/14 transatlantic. Twenty days.  Think they'll go for it? (My original post was a joke, btw.  I would pay it, but there's no way that's going to happen). 

Edited by SeaTheW0rld

18 minutes ago, neptuno said:

OK, the joke's on me!  I was looking and couldn't find it.  I did see one for about $4000 upgrade for two.  Still out of my range.

I had no intention of playing a joke on anyone :classic_wink: Just an attempt at humor. Failed.