Jost Van Dyke

rjuray

Hi!  I have not taken a Celebrity excursion, but have been on a charter to White Bay (and the Soggy Dollar) on Jost.  We got off the boat in water that was about waist deep.  Soggy Dollar has a webcam where you can see boats, and often people coming in and going out.  https://www.soggydollar.com/webcam  Have fun!

We were there 3 years ago and if memory is correct it was 7 feet or so, definitely over our heads, but I actually didn't jump in, they also offered to take people ashore, and back to the boat via skiff's (the hard bottom, inflatable tube side kind) and since I had thing I wanted to take ashore and not get wet I opted for the boat.  It was a good trip, a little longer and rougher boat ride over there, but really nice with some great photo spots once we were there.

When we went water was over the waist and not walk-able for some of the shorter folks.  Personally the Soggy Dollar was a waste of time and money.  Watered down drinks and slow service, so we moved down the beach.  Long boring boat ride as well. But that is just my opinion.

Perhaps whether or not it is high tide or low tide makes a difference because when we went there on the ship's excursion it was very close to shore where we got off the cat, maybe about 10 feet away from the sand. Climbed about 4 or 5 rungs down a ladder and then into thigh high water but as the wave receded the water was only midway up my calf (I am only 5''2").

We took this Celebrity excursion a few years ago and they had the inflatable small boat that took people very close to the beach.  My husband doesn't swim, so that was a major concern for us and we were in maybe calf-high water getting out of the little inflatable boat.  We docked further up the beach from Soggy Dollar at a different bar but walked down  to Soggy Dollar for their signature "painkiller".  We had been on a private tour years before and spent the entire day at Soggy Dollar.  I loved that bar/place on the beach.  I often play the Soggy Dollar Webcam on cold, nasty winter days...makes me smile.

Joanne

We just took this excursion a couple weeks ago.  From the Ferry type boat that takes you to Jost Van Dyke, they have a smaller boat comes to that boat to pick up the passengers.  The problem was that there were so many passengers on the "original" boat that it took 3 trips to get everybody to the beach.  Once on the beach you walked a "plank" to the sand.  So, you don't actually wade it.  At least on that day we did it.  It was just an ok excursion.  We did it because we were afraid we wouldn't have enough time to do it on our own and get back to the ship.  We actually had to go on a wait list and made the afternoon excursion.  It comes with lunch (dry burgers) and a drink coupon.  The beach is actually nice.  Bars lined up and boats in the water.