Solstice vs. Serenade of the Seas Opinion Please

luvmygirlz

You might want to post on royal Caribbean and/or celebrity board for info on just ships.

Itinerary is more important than ship in Alaska.  Time in ports, glacier days. Do your research on glaciers.  Majority on this board will say glacier bay is a must see. I disagree. Hubbard and tracy arm have their advantages.  I prefer Hubbard over glacier bay. Some itineraries have both.

I was on solstice about 2 years ago. Had really good naturalist. Was on brilliance sister ship about 5 years ago and no naturalist to speak of.

Alaska is great no matter which cruise you pick.

2 hours ago, katrina915 said:

You might want to post on royal Caribbean and/or celebrity board for info on just ships.

Itinerary is more important than ship in Alaska.  Time in ports, glacier days. Do your research on glaciers.  Majority on this board will say glacier bay is a must see. I disagree. Hubbard and tracy arm have their advantages.  I prefer Hubbard over glacier bay. Some itineraries have both.

I was on solstice about 2 years ago. Had really good naturalist. Was on brilliance sister ship about 5 years ago and no naturalist to speak of.

Alaska is great no matter which cruise you pick.

Agree...discussed frequently here. It is all about itinerary rather than ship. I do disagree,  Glacier Bay is a special place, thus the reason for focusing on Glacier Bay is valid.