Making Payments Questions

Gamecock_Cruiser

When I cruise, I always pay it on my card for points and pay it off that month. I'm not booking if I don't have the funds. BUT, we have some family wanting to go on the next cruise with us and are asking when it is due etc.. Since I am the cruise expert of the bunch, I get the handle all of their booking information, but I am not familiar with payment information.

When booking on the Carnival site, I know that at least a deposit has to be made at the time of the booking, which I see that amount on their site, unless there is a special going on at the time. I see the remaining balance is due 60 days prior to sailing for a 4 day cruise which is what we are taking. My Questions:

- Are ANY payments required to be made between the deposit payment up until the final 60 day deadline? Minimum monthly amount required or anything?

- Are there ANY FEES associated with making payments instead of paying it all at one time?

- Anything else that I should inform them about making payment?

I have a Carnival Mastercard, which is 6 month 0% APR. I could put it on my card, as I feel 99.9% sure that they will reimburse me, and that the party would even pay the interested IF they didn't reimburse me within 6 months, but I don't even think I am going to mention this to them.

Thanks!

You don't have to make any payments until your final payment day-you can then pay the entire amount.  I don't usually do that, I get discounted gift cards from AARP and Allstate Drivewise and use them to pay down my balance periodically before my final payment date.  My mom and brother always seem to wait until it's nearly final payment and then they pay the lump sum at once.  It just depends on your budgeting habits.

There are no fees when you make payments.  It's super easy to make the payments by logging into the Carnival website and clicking on "Manage my cruise".  You can use gift cards or credit cards to make the payments right there.

Oh, I forgot this (I haven't ever used it) but Carnival has a "payment plan" that you can select under Manage my cruise.  The balance is divided up into monthly payment amounts and can be automatically charged every month so you don't have to try to remember to make a payment.

To reiterate -- there are no fees associated with not paying in full at the time of booking (no discounts, either, for that matter).  You are required to make the minimum deposit with the remainder due, as you noted for your cruise, 60 days prior to sailing.  You can make as many payments in the interim as you wish, or none, as long as the cruise is paid in full by the final payment date.

23 minutes ago, Gamecock_Cruiser said:

When I cruise, I always pay it on my card for points and pay it off that month. I'm not booking if I don't have the funds. BUT, we have some family wanting to go on the next cruise with us and are asking when it is due etc.. Since I am the cruise expert of the bunch, I get the handle all of their booking information, but I am not familiar with payment information.

When booking on the Carnival site, I know that at least a deposit has to be made at the time of the booking, which I see that amount on their site, unless there is a special going on at the time. I see the remaining balance is due 60 days prior to sailing for a 4 day cruise which is what we are taking. My Questions:

- Are ANY payments required to be made between the deposit payment up until the final 60 day deadline? Minimum monthly amount required or anything?

- Are there ANY FEES associated with making payments instead of paying it all at one time?

- Anything else that I should inform them about making payment?

I have a Carnival Mastercard, which is 6 month 0% APR. I could put it on my card, as I feel 99.9% sure that they will reimburse me, and that the party would even pay the interested IF they didn't reimburse me within 6 months, but I don't even think I am going to mention this to them.

Thanks!

My sisters and I cruise together and each pay our own way. I usually handle the money and booking.  I pay the deposit, they reimburse me for their part.  We evenly divide amount due.  I want them to pay that part since I want them to have some skin in the game.  I track everyone's payments and amount due on a spreadsheet so they can always see who has paid what and when.  I wait until final payment is due before I pay mine.  They can go online and pay down for their part, if they prefer.  It's tracked so each knows what they have paid.  It helps that we have a trusting relationship and have never had issues with money or stealing.  HTH.