Stressed and Sad

Cyn874

1 hour ago, debnjoe1438 said:

How do you get the "Advance Passenger Information"?

If the airline needs you to give Advance Passenger Information, it will tell you. Usually, if it's needed and you haven't given it, you won't be able to check in.

The items of information required differs from government to government. No prizes for guessing which government (out of the ones that I have encountered) requires the longest list of information.

1 hour ago, debnjoe1438 said:

Booking directly with the airlines doesn't always get good results. 

However, booking directly with the airline and not giving your middle name when booking will almost always work well.

• 7 months later...
On 2/17/2019 at 11:25 AM, GeezerCouple said:

That particular type of listing the name has been occurring for us, too, recently.

FIRSTMIDDLE  LAST

Sometimes with a title appended *somewhere* in there...

Never had a problem with it, and never even thought to view it with suspicion or alarm.

It seems to be just a matter of spacing.

GC

GC - What you describe above is what I am seeing on the airline site (booking through Princess EZ Air) for us, FIRSTMIDDLEMRS LAST.  This has happened for you and not presented any problems at the airport (TSA/customs/immigration)? 

My husband and son have long first and middle names, so often the middle is only partial on the ticket.  That has never been a problem.

This is our first time using cruise air.  We usually book air directly with airline, but flying in and out of different cities, EZ Air is much less expensive.  It took a long time to convince family to go on a European cruise, so I am trying to keep things moving as smoothly as possible!

4 hours ago, LoveThatCorgi said:

GC - What you describe above is what I am seeing on the airline site (booking through Princess EZ Air) for us, FIRSTMIDDLEMRS LAST.  This has happened for you and not presented any problems at the airport (TSA/customs/immigration)? 

My husband and son have long first and middle names, so often the middle is only partial on the ticket.  That has never been a problem.

This is our first time using cruise air.  We usually book air directly with airline, but flying in and out of different cities, EZ Air is much less expensive.  It took a long time to convince family to go on a European cruise, so I am trying to keep things moving as smoothly as possible!

Nope, we've never had any problem with "names", although I do call to fix any real misspelling,  which has only happened very rarely.

Both of us have [different] last names where one particular letter is commonly wrong, and in my case sometimes omitted entirely - and this no matter HOW MANY times we spell and repeat it to someone.  We can often predict which phone rep *IS* going to get it wrong, no matter what we say or how many times we spell it or say it the long way, as in [fictitious example of: "That's Rumplestiltskin, but starting with the letter "Q" as in "quick"..." and sometimes the name shows up as "Quick".  Grrrrr!  And neither name is long: one is one syllable/6 letters and the other just two syllables/7 letters. Not rocket science.  And no, the names are *not* "Rockit" and "Scyence", but that's the idea :classic_biggrin: ].

GC

• Like 1