Anthem of the Seas - Concierge Lounge - Still Open to Diamond Plus?

yogimax

Sailed on the Anthem in August.

The CL was great. Spacious, not a lot of folks in there (except the last day), we were drinking and snacking every day from 5 to 7. The sun did get in your eyes if you were in the wrong seats, but I never felt hot.

The DL was a mob scene and not relaxing to me, but I was only there once. I would take the CL in a heartbeat and move with the sun🙂

Edited by elhenry

12 hours ago, yogimax said:

Hmmm.... sunny and hot vs. dark and dreary.  Sorry, but I'll go for the sunshine every time, especially during winter.

Please check out the deck plans for decks 12 and 4 on Anthem.  I think you'll see the CL is about three times as large as the DL.

I was just on the Anthem of the Seas and went to the CL and every seat I tried to sit in I was informed by other passengers that that seat was being saved for others who were not there.  That should not be permitted.  

I also observed the seat saving in the solarium is actually being monitored by the pool staff and is working out great.

On 2/17/2019 at 4:46 PM, HicksRA said:

As a Suitie, I look forward to a more peaceful SL on the Vision for the upcoming TA in April... 😃

The D+’s were pretty much overbearing on my last Vision Cruise. 

On 2/17/2019 at 6:46 PM, yogimax said:

On Vision it is approximately 40 (guess).

Not to change too much from the OP's question, but....

Hicks;

The Suite Guests hardly had a chance - except for the OverFlow into the Viking Lounge - it was full of Pinnacles!😲

Yogimax;

We Counted - there are 23 chairs in the Suite Lounge, and there were 25 Pinnacles in there from 4:30 to 8:30 every eve.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gerig said:

I was just on the Anthem of the Seas and went to the CL and every seat I tried to sit in I was informed by other passengers that that seat was being saved for others who were not there.  That should not be permitted.  

The CL version of chair hogs, lounge hogs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gerig said:

Agreed!  Mrs. Yogimax and I have a policy.  Even if we are waiting for friends and there are seats open, we will always welcome whoever gets there first.  It's a great way to make new friends.

My speculation regarding the hogs is that they are likely on multiple back to back cruises or top cruisers and feel entitled to the same seats every day.  This is where the concierge should act.  if, however, you have a concierge who is basically tied to his computer or kowtows to a select few,  you will be out of luck.

41 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Agreed!  Mrs. Yogimax and I have a policy.  Even if we are waiting for friends and there are seats open, we will always welcome whoever gets there first.  It's a great way to make new friends.

My speculation regarding the hogs is that they are likely on multiple back to back cruises or top cruisers and feel entitled to the same seats every day.  This is where the concierge should act.  if, however, you have a concierge who is basically tied to his computer or kowtows to a select few,  you will be out of luck.

I certainly like the way you think about meeting new friends.  After my second day of this issue I just stopped going there.

1 hour ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

The CL version of chair hogs, lounge hogs.

They have definitely improved on the chair hogs.  While it's not perfect it is at least being monitored.  I watched a woman being really rude to the pool attendant who unfortunately has this task.  She was in in the solarium for at least two hours yet had items on 4 chairs saved.

3 hours ago, gerig said:

They have definitely improved on the chair hogs.  While it's not perfect it is at least being monitored.  I watched a woman being really rude to the pool attendant who unfortunately has this task.  She was in in the solarium for at least two hours yet had items on 4 chairs saved.

Good that  RCCL is enforcing their rules.

• 9 months later...

My wife and I sailed on a Trans Pacific cruise in May.  We were told due to the large number of Pinnacle C&A members onboard (probably the large number  of D+ onboard) the CL would be the SL, Suite and Pinnacle only.  Please note Terms and Conditions are always subject to change.  https://www.test1.royalcaribbean.com/cas/legal/  which currently states:

20. Pinnacle Members are entitled to exclusive privileges. Access to the Suite Lounge is limited to Pinnacle Club Members and Suite Guests only. 

There are always three free drinks at any bar...

If  you think about the quantity of free alcohol that goes out to Diamond members, I'm surprised they haven't change Diamond to 175 Points and Diamond + to 350.

Edited by j2ortman
adding relevent content I hadn't thought of