Shipping fish home (to Texas)

JOHN 57

3 hours ago, BruceMuzz said:

It will be the most expensive frozen fish you have ever eaten.

+1 on that.  I did it with 4 flounders that we caught.  It was the most expensive fish I have ever eaten.

Note to OP - make sure that there is someone home to accept the fish when it is delivered and to put it into the freezer or it will be the most expensive fish that you get to throw out.

DON

10 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Note to OP - make sure that there is someone home to accept the fish when it is delivered and to put it into the freezer or it will be the most expensive fish that you get to throw out.

The people I used to fish with out of Homer had a large walk in freezer and could hold your fish for you while your finished your trip and then ship it to you once you were home. So you might look into that.

Where will you be fishing at?

On 2/18/2019 at 11:01 PM, BruceMuzz said:

It will be the most expensive frozen fish you have ever eaten.

...and then my husband promised our daughter he would take the fish to the taxidermist...I think it was something like $12 an inch to do the salmon she caught (on top of shipping it home) 

...and now 20 years later it's showing its age and could use a re do....up to her at this point though. LOL

If you fish in one of the ports of call, most of them have services to freeze, pack and ship fish. It is expensive. If you go on a fishing trip at the end of your cruise (provided you end it in AK) you can have it frozen and packed to bring home on the plane. The airport in Anchorage has a freezer in the main terminal where you can check a cooler in and leave it a few days until the day of your flight. Checking the cooler as a bag may be cheaper than shipping.