Sky Loft Suite and Sky Class Anthem of the Seas

tennislvr8

• 1 year later...
On 2/18/2019 at 2:30 PM, tennislvr8 said:

Thanks looking for experiences from people who stayed in one. 

Anything in particular you would like to know??  We had 10322. Really large for 2 and enjoyed the view from the loft. The 2 walk-in closets were the size of some cabins

Edited by gc

Tulsacoker - We are taking our first RC cruise in October on the Oasis from New York and are booked in a loft suite (Sky Class).  There are 4 of us - my wife and 2 daughters.  The question I have if you might be so kind to answer is whether I would need to buy a drink package for any of us?  We've sailed Disney many times and their Concierge Club is open from 7am to 10pm and we are able to get whatever we need drink wise - alcoholic or otherwise - to either consume in the club or bring back to our room (cans of sodas, water bottles, alcohol at selected times of the day).  Is the same true of the Suite Lounge on Oasis.  We aren't heavy drinkers of alcohol and the kids drink basically water.  The other question I had it seems we will have enough room - using the pull out couch for the kids downstairs (ages 11 and 5) and my wife and I upstairs.  Do you think we will be ok?

Thank you in advance.

My wife and I don't purchase the drink package either, Technically the lounge is open for (select) beer, wine , sodas and water from 11 am till 11 pm. from about 4:30 to 8:30 cocktails are included. Now the Lounge and Coastal Kitchen are all connected on Oasis so for Breakfast you should be able to get soda. 

As far as sleeping arrangements I think you will be fine with the kids on the coach downstairs. I'll post some pic of the room I took.    

16 minutes ago, mike99c said:

The other question I had it seems we will have enough room - using the pull out couch for the kids downstairs (ages 11 and 5) and my wife and I upstairs.  Do you think we will be ok?

As you can see the couch is pretty wide and should sleep two comfortably. The Room stewards (two of them) will make it up in the evening and in the morning put if back 

3 hours ago, mike99c said:

Tulsacoker - We are taking our first RC cruise in October on the Oasis from New York and are booked in a loft suite (Sky Class).  There are 4 of us - my wife and 2 daughters.  The question I have if you might be so kind to answer is whether I would need to buy a drink package for any of us?  We've sailed Disney many times and their Concierge Club is open from 7am to 10pm and we are able to get whatever we need drink wise - alcoholic or otherwise - to either consume in the club or bring back to our room (cans of sodas, water bottles, alcohol at selected times of the day).  Is the same true of the Suite Lounge on Oasis.  We aren't heavy drinkers of alcohol and the kids drink basically water.  The other question I had it seems we will have enough room - using the pull out couch for the kids downstairs (ages 11 and 5) and my wife and I upstairs.  Do you think we will be ok?

Thank you in advance.

We were in a Loft suite on Oasis last summer. We had 4 in it, 2 parents and 2 young adult children. Since the kids were of opposite sex, there is no way they were going to share the couch, so we had them bring in a rollaway.  Even with the rollaway bed we had an amazing amount of room with 4 adults so you should be fine with 2 younger ones.

Same 4 people in a loft suite again this summer on Oasis.  We did purchase the drink package due to the CocoCay day and 3 sea days. We are not heavy drinkers either but do like the convenience of ordering a drink anywhere on the ship or on CocoCay without having to trudge up to the 17th floor.  We will probably lose money, but convenience has its price. 

Edited by cured
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cured said:

We were in a Loft suite on Oasis last summer. We had 4 in it, 2 parents and 2 young adult children. Since the kids were of opposite sex, there is no way they were going to share the couch, so we had them bring in a rollaway.  Even with the rollaway bed we had an amazing amount of room with 4 adults so you should be fine with 2 younger ones.

Same 4 people in a loft suite again this summer on Oasis.  We did purchase the drink package due to the CocoCay day and 3 sea days. We are not heavy drinkers either but do like the convenience of ordering a drink anywhere on the ship or on CocoCay without having to trudge up to the 17th floor.  We will probably lose money, but convenience has its price. 

Curious about how a drink package is more convenient?  If I don't get the package I can still get the same drink in the same place but I just pay as I go.  To me the biggest advantage is that I will be more likely to try new drinks.  Not sure about the convenience advantage though.

My wife and I stayed in a Crown Loft Suite on the Allure and we both agreed it was not for us and we'll not stay in one again.

We found the bathroom and storage on the loft level to be small for us and ended up having to go up and down the stairs way too many times when getting ready to go out in the morning and when changing for dinner in the evenings.  

We do not do drink packages on Royal Caribbean.  My wife has one or two drinks and maybe a glass and a half of wine at dinner per day and I drink mostly wine or gin & tonic, both of which I can get in the Suite Lounge. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bradison said:

Curious about how a drink package is more convenient?  If I don't get the package I can still get the same drink in the same place but I just pay as I go.  To me the biggest advantage is that I will be more likely to try new drinks.  Not sure about the convenience advantage though.

Convenient for us to have all the costs already paid before we board the ship. We have two cabins of our kids and we don't want them to have to worry if Mom and Dad are going to get mad if they order one more drink or smoothie or premium coffee.  Convenience of not having to settle a bill.  Convenience of ordering orange juice in the morning, downing multiple sports drinks, without having to think about what is going on a bill. Convenience of ordering something else if we don't like the drink. Last cruise, I ordered a drink in the MDR and it was just awful. I ordered the wrong drink in the Solarium.  I didn't feel obligated to drink them just because I paid for them and just ordered something else instead. One of the kids likes to taste test lots of different drinks. I prefer they don't feel obligated to have to finish them because they are going on our bill.  I want everyone to be able to order what they want (they are responsible drinkers,) when they want without having to worry about a bill at the end of the cruise. Convenient for me to overdose on lattes without guilt.  I also like the idea of having the fridge stocked in the cabana at CocoCay. WE find it way more convenient to have a mindless vacation :), no budgeting, no worries. Your mileage may differ.   

Edited by cured

14 minutes ago, cured said:

Convenient for us to have all the costs already paid before we board the ship. We have two cabins of our kids and we don't want them to have to worry if Mom and Dad are going to get mad if they order one more drink or smoothie or premium coffee.  Convenience of not having to settle a bill.  Convenience of ordering orange juice in the morning, downing multiple sports drinks, without having to think about what is going on a bill. Convenience of ordering something else if we don't like the drink. Last cruise, I ordered a drink in the MDR and it was just awful. I ordered the wrong drink in the Solarium.  I didn't feel obligated to drink them just because I paid for them and just ordered something else instead. One of the kids likes to taste test lots of different drinks. I prefer they don't feel obligated to have to finish them because they are going on our bill.  I want everyone to be able to order what they want (they are responsible drinkers,) when they want without having to worry about a bill at the end of the cruise. Convenient for me to overdose on lattes without guilt.  I also like the idea of having the fridge stocked in the cabana at CocoCay. WE find it way more convenient to have a mindless vacation :), no budgeting, no worries. Your mileage may differ.   

Please don't think I was being critical.  I understand your rationale completely.  Just have a different definition of convenience.  We are trying the UDP for the first time on our next cruise (thanks to the intern) and other than trying new drinks versus our tried and trues I doubt we will act much differently.  Our son is a heavy drinker and got the package on his last cruise with us.  Did not break even despite his best efforts to try new drinks.  To each their own.

• Thanks 1

I did a CL on Symphony last year which would be similar. Plenty of room for 4 people, especially with 2 bathrooms. Drink wise, since you are 30s away from the SL on Oasis class ships, it is more convenient to just walk over and get the food/drink you want there. So, from a financial point of view, the drink package is not needed unless you won’t drink the low end stuff that is included. 

We have always done the CLS on Allure and Oasis, and this upcoming year we will be in one GS and another time in a CLS.

We just love the CLS and we do purchase the drink package to try new drinks and just have easy access to drinks at the pool or where-ever.

On port days when were off on excursions we realize the drink package is a waste of money, by only getting 2 drinks at night, but it is the drinks we want.

As far as the CLS goes, we just love the room, we have had anywhere to 2--3-4 people in them on various cruises and we always take the upstairs and stake our claim.

Even when there are just the two of us, we use the downstairs as our clothes room and storage, and keep the loft for sleeping and showering ---works for us.

After 8 CLS I do not know how we will handle the GS in August.   We did it because we know friends who are on that sailing and they will be in a cabin nearby.

Safe travels.

• Like 1

We love the CLS on Oasis class ships, but were unaware that there were any loft suites on Quantum class ships. As we expand our cruising radius  now that we're both retired, we'd love to try the Quantum class, and definitely would love to try their loft suites. I can't find them listed on the deck plans. What deck are they on?

19 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We love the CLS on Oasis class ships, but were unaware that there were any loft suites on Quantum class ships. As we expand our cruising radius  now that we're both retired, we'd love to try the Quantum class, and definitely would love to try their loft suites. I can't find them listed on the deck plans. What deck are they on?

Decks eight and Ten at the back of the ship

Edited by Tulsacoker