Maho Beach and pastry shop

sbcatcher1

I would say that Jules Bakery is the closest and it would be close to a 30 minute walk.

Another option would be to stop at one on the way to Maho. For croissants Atlantica was the only ones on the Dutch side that we could find that made their own croissants from scratch. 

On 2/18/2019 at 6:58 PM, sbcatcher1 said:

We want to experience the planes but also want to buy some French pastries. Is there a place within walking distance to buy pastries?

Not sure if you want to be on the French side of the island to purchase French pastries, but Maho is on the Dutch side of the island.  The French side is about 3 KM (1.8 miles) from Maho in Rue des Terres Basses, but I don't know what the French Pastries are like there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 6:24 PM, RMH said:

Not sure if you want to be on the French side of the island to purchase French pastries, but Maho is on the Dutch side of the island.  The French side is about 3 KM (1.8 miles) from Maho in Rue des Terres Basses, but I don't know what the French Pastries are like there.

Serafina’s had excellent pastries when we were last there in 2015.  Rather expensive with the currency conversion, though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/13/2019 at 6:25 PM, A2Mich said:

Serafina’s had excellent pastries when we were last there in 2015.  Rather expensive with the currency conversion, though. 

I really enjoyed Serafina’s while on a land vacation there in 2016. I’d heard it was badly damaged by Irma but has reopened in a different location. Has anyone been since and, if so, is it the same?

18 hours ago, patcacmt said:

I really enjoyed Serafina’s while on a land vacation there in 2016. I’d heard it was badly damaged by Irma but has reopened in a different location. Has anyone been since and, if so, is it the same?

I apologize for my typo, it’s actually Sarafina’s.  A Google search shows them as permanently closed.  Another poster here had stated that they had been destroyed by the hurricane, and that they may reopen at some point, but that was the last I had heard.

Boulevard de France, Marigot 97150, St Martin / St Maarten is the new location I think. I had started a thread a while back myself and got yes they are open & n they are closed. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147348-d1754928-Reviews-Sarafina-Marigot_Saint_Martin_St_Martin_St_Maarten.html

I contacted Bernard's who I am taking a tour with in July & he confirmed that Sarafina's is open at the new location. If you take his tour (I booked #2) then you will stop in Marigot & can walk to Sarafina's.

On 3/23/2019 at 9:08 PM, sbcatcher1 said:

I am considering canceling my RC excursion and booking with. Bernard’s. 

I just now booked Bernard's (for my family of 5) for our June stop. Allows me to sit back and have a few drinks on the rides. It's well worth not having to deal with setting up a taxi later. (At least I hope it's worth it!)

On 5/22/2019 at 12:30 AM, patcacmt said:

That’s great news. I took a Bernard’s tour to Orient and Maho the last time I had a port stop there. He runs a great tour company. 

I think (if I read correctly) that on Bernard's site only refers to rum punch ...does he offer beer as well?.......................scratch this question...just re-read that they do offer beer. (I assumed he did)

Edited by Spike2000

6 hours ago, Spike2000 said:

I think (if I read correctly) that on Bernard's site only refers to rum punch ...does he offer beer as well?.......................scratch this question...just re-read that they do offer beer. (I assumed he did)

If you like Rum Punch, this is the tour to get it.  If you get the Mailman as your tour guide, he makes the best Rum Punch and very strong.

We have toured with Bernard's twice before and will be using him again in December.

Happy Sailing!!