First time Royal Cruiser on Harmony of the Seas

kimma11

Good morning

We have sailed Carnival before, but this is our first Royal. So far I am extremely frustrated with the website and how expensive all the pre purchases are. So for all of the experienced sailors please help answer the following questions:

1) Does Royal do prepaid Photo packages and if so when do they typically appear for purchase

2) Can we prebuy any type of water other than the $40 Evian bottles?

3) When will stuff like the escape room show up for us to book?

4) What is your favorite tip specific to the Harmony or to Royal Caribbean?

Thank you for y'alls help

Kim 

No other water can be purchased pre-cruise other than the insanely overpriced Evian packages.

Various reservations appear at seemingly random times, just keep checking.

Favorite tip: ignore all "percent off" numbers touted by Royal.  Just look at the bottom line cost.

Book all your shows online before the trip to ensure you get seats (we book all our shows as soon as we do final payment). If you don't book in advance, you'll have to wait in line before each show in the hope that someone with reservations doesn't show up.

K

I agree that the RCI website is very unuser friendly compared to Carnival. This will be our first RCI cruise in May on Liberty of the Seas. I finally was able to complete on-line check-in but do not see where to print luggage tags.

Also everyone says book your shows but it won't let me yet. Or they are already filled? We did book the VIP Saturday Fever but that was one we had to pay for.  

If anyone can tell me more about booking shows and / or printing luggage tags and would be obliged!

Happy Sailing!

Canoe

3 minutes ago, Canoe62 said:

K

I agree that the RCI website is very unuser friendly compared to Carnival. This will be our first RCI cruise in May on Liberty of the Seas. I finally was able to complete on-line check-in but do not see where to print luggage tags.

Also everyone says book your shows but it won't let me yet. Or they are already filled? We did book the VIP Saturday Fever but that was one we had to pay for.  

If anyone can tell me more about booking shows and / or printing luggage tags and would be obliged!

Happy Sailing!

Canoe

Luggage tags will be available to print 49 days from sailing 

you cant book any shows on Liberty. 

You can see Saturday night fever for free unless you really want to pay for the overpriced VIP experience.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

THANK YOU OurUsualBeach!  Now I can be frustration free. :classic_biggrin:

Did I miss this somewhere or just something you have to learn from experience?

Thanks again!

Happy Sailing!

Canoe

Edited by Canoe62

3 minutes ago, Canoe62 said:

THANK YOU OurUsualBeach!  Now I can be frustration free. :classic_biggrin:

Did I miss this somewhere or just something you have to learn from experience?

Thanks again!

Happy Sailing!

Canoe

Royal tends to go above and beyond in their efforts to confuse people.  It is better once you are aboard the ship.

7 hours ago, kimma11 said:

Good morning

We have sailed Carnival before, but this is our first Royal. So far I am extremely frustrated with the website and how expensive all the pre purchases are. So for all of the experienced sailors please help answer the following questions:

1) Does Royal do prepaid Photo packages and if so when do they typically appear for purchase

2) Can we prebuy any type of water other than the $40 Evian bottles?

3) When will stuff like the escape room show up for us to book?

4) What is your favorite tip specific to the Harmony or to Royal Caribbean?

Thank you for y'alls help

Kim 

Royal Loyal. The cruise planner is pretty easy to navigate, mind you I have only experience with RCL. Your water question got answered. The photopackages, I am unsure. I dont think I have ever seen prepay for photos? Most of the events will be available to book around 90 days out. Book your shows as soon as they open, planning them around port days or depending on when you chose MDR dinner. We normally book the 8pm dinner, therefore we are the 10pm shows and it works well for our family. Sometimes you are in port until 8pm. I would have to cut a port visit short because of dinner reservations. Besides, theres always somewhere to eat. Sorrentos pizza is AMAZING. RCL coffee is disgusting. I usually bring my own. I have attached the image.  Do not book aqua show the first night, as the seas are more choppy and it tends to get cancelled often (and the other options will be full). Enjoy a kummelweck from central Park. The best sandwich hands down. We did Oasis last year and loved it. This year, I am booked for my first solo on Harmony. You will love royal. They are known for the best entertainment! Also, use the kids club. My son LOVED it and did not want to leave. They even have an option where they take the kiddos to the Windjammer while you get a romantic meal alone. 

download (4).jpg

Photo packages will show up on the Internet tab in the cruise planner whenever their 8 ball decides to do it.  Full cruise all photos can be as much as $250, so unless you get a lot of pictures it isn't worth it.  Any picture with one of the people in the room where it is booked (if you have three cabins and want more than group shots it will cost extra, but onboard they might not charge the full $250 for each extra room).  Our upcoming cruises show 15 prints, 15 digital or all digital ($159/$159/$199).

As Bob said, Activities and Entertainment show up randomly as well.  Escape room may or may not ever show up before sailing.