New to NCL..Free Style Dress Code ?

cruisingbajan

We have sailed on both Carnival and Royal and have never worn shorts or Jeans in the dining room.(This was by choice as I have seen others do it)

Was wondering if we can on NCL. We wanted to try this line because we want to be as casual as possible this trip. I am actually considering only taking shorts and some polos and maybe some button downs. Will this be ok?

We also want to eat in the Manhattan Room, not sure yet if we will do Le Bistro or Cagneys. Will the wardrobe choices I am considering suffice for all dining options?

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, Bajan Keith said:

We have sailed on both Carnival and Royal and have never worn shorts or Jeans in the dining room.(This was by choice as I have seen others do it)

Was wondering if we can on NCL. We wanted to try this line because we want to be as casual as possible this trip. I am actually considering only taking shorts and some polos and maybe some button downs. Will this be ok?

We also want to eat in the Manhattan Room, not sure yet if we will do Le Bistro or Cagneys. Will the wardrobe choices I am considering suffice for all dining options?

Thanks in advance.

I was on Bliss recently and ate in both Manhattan Room and Cagneys wearing shorts and a polo (maybe even a t-shirt in one of them). I never wore pants at any dining the whole cruise.

I heard that Le Bistro actually enforces a more strict dress code but I doubt it would be an issue there either. I just don't know first hand.

That is pretty much my husband's wardrobe on all of our cruises. 🙂 He wears shorts and polos or Hawaiian shirts to dinner most evenings, along with sandals. He does bring a pair of khakis along, just in case we choose to dine at Le Bistro or Ocean Blue (which we never have, in the end), where pants are required. Otherwise, elsewhere on NCL ships, shorts + polos will be just fine.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

Jeans are fine in the MDR at night. I can't say I saw any shorts, but what someone else is wearing has no bearing on my dinner. 

The Manhattan Room is the prettiest room on the ship. I don't know why they don't use it at breakfast and lunch. 

20190131_185935.jpg

18 minutes ago, Bajan Keith said:

Thanks in advance.

If you just have shorts then you won't meet the dress code for Le Bistro. On most ships you would also fall foul of the dress code in Manhattan as well, although the aft dining room does differ from ship to ship with regard to shorts.

A pair of jeans will fix that problem.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Jeans can be worn in any NCL restaurant.

Shorts can be worn in most NCL restaurants. The dress code varies slightly depending on the ship. Each ship's dailies will explain where long pants are required. 

Which ship are you considering?

We are booked on the Breakaway

Edited by Bajan Keith

24 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

If you just have shorts then you won't meet the dress code for Le Bistro. On most ships you would also fall foul of the dress code in Manhattan as well, although the aft dining room does differ from ship to ship with regard to shorts.

A pair of jeans will fix that problem.

Thanks

Certainly does sound like a pair of Jeans or Khakis would make my wardrobe complete on this trip👍

Edited by Bajan Keith

37 minutes ago, dolita22 said:

That is pretty much my husband's wardrobe on all of our cruises. 🙂 He wears shorts and polos or Hawaiian shirts to dinner most evenings, along with sandals. He does bring a pair of khakis along, just in case we choose to dine at Le Bistro or Ocean Blue (which we never have, in the end), where pants are required. Otherwise, elsewhere on NCL ships, shorts + polos will be just fine.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sounds like a plan👍. Will definitely take a pair of Jeans or Khakis along..."just in case"