Alaska NCL Bliss- debarkation question

bromorg

Hi all-

I am going on the Norwegian Bliss in August to Alaska. We are leaving from Seattle and I am trying to book flights back to the East coast. The NCL website says that we get back into Seattle at 6 am, but what time does disembarkation start? Thank you!

1 hour ago, bromorg said:

Hi all-

I am going on the Norwegian Bliss in August to Alaska. We are leaving from Seattle and I am trying to book flights back to the East coast. The NCL website says that we get back into Seattle at 6 am, but what time does disembarkation start? Thank you!

Last season, it was 6:45 am (but normally earlier) for self walk off

eecf580f94358136f4894cf8e26260e2.heic

• Like 1

I went on an Alaskan cruise last August on the Bliss (Saturday-Saturday).  I had a later flight at 3:30 but I would not book a flight earlier than 11am. We did self assist and walked off early since my mother had a 12:30 flight. We walked right off and customs took no time at all.  We hit no traffic so if I remember correctly it took less 30 minutes to get to the airport (we hired a private car). The biggest issue is the time it takes to get through security. Seattle airport is a nightmare on Saturday and Sundays if you do not have TSA-pre check, even the pre check line was very long.  I had priority security because I flew first class and it took 45 minutes-1 hour to get through security.   The regular line was taking over 2 hours for people to get to get through security.  They were literally pulling people out of line and having them sign up for the 30 day free trail for CLEAR to help speed up security.  As the ships get bigger and more ships sail to Alaska from Seattle the airport is not really designed to handle the amount of people going through security.  Speaking to the TSA agent this seemed to be normal during the summer and Sundays were worse than Saturdays. 

Does anyone know how the disembarkation process works if you purchase the $20.00 transfer to the airport from NCL?  For example: Are we assigned a time to disembark or choose one ourselves? Meet the shuttle at a specific location/time after going thru customs? Also will be still be able to use the Port Valet and walk off self assist with just our carry on?

Our flight is Jet Blue 11:23 out of Seattle on Sunday 6/2. 

This is our first trip to Alaska and never purchased airport transfers before or used the Port Valet.  Thanks!!

For self- assist we were told that we need to be off before disembarkation for group 1 started, which I believe was 8am.  That being said I do not know what they would do if you do not disembark by they scheduled time, they may hold you until the end or just not say anything.  

19 minutes ago, jlabs03 said:

For self- assist we were told that we need to be off before disembarkation for group 1 started, which I believe was 8am.  That being said I do not know what they would do if you do not disembark by they scheduled time, they may hold you until the end or just not say anything.  

Ok... Thank you!