Cayman Highlights, Hell & Heritage Beach

kitty2264

"Cayman Highlights, Hell & Heritage Beach" Has anyone taken this Princess Tour on Grand Cayman?  The title says "Heritage Beach" which is on the east end of Cayman, however, the tour description says stops include Rum Cake Factory, Hell and a three hour stop at "Seven Mile Beach"  all of which are on the west end of the island.  A google of Heritage Beach tells me that it is not recommended for swimming and I am trying to figure out if the tour in fact does really go to Heritage Beach or is the tour simply incorrectly titled.  If anyone has been on this and could tell me about it, I would appreciate it.

The visit to Hell is worth about 15 minutes, 2 minutes to take pictures & the rest of the time to get into the gift shop to see overpriced items made in China & buy postcards to send to friends telling them they've been to Hell. :classic_biggrin:

The Rum Cake Factory is a shop where dozens of people pile in the store clamoring for a piece of free rum cake. You can get the same thing in town. 

If you like beaches then it's worth getting a taxi to take your to the Seven Mile Beach area for the day.

Just did this excursion today.  We are on the Regal.  Bad experience.  We very rarely complain but did today.  The beach is not seven mile.  You cannot even get in the ocean.  Better off taking transportation to seven mile.  We were so disappointed!

8 hours ago, Pink flamingo52 said:

Just did this excursion today.  We are on the Regal.  Bad experience.  We very rarely complain but did today.  The beach is not seven mile.  You cannot even get in the ocean.  Better off taking transportation to seven mile.  We were so disappointed!

That's the best way of an enjoyable day at the beach. 

I took this excursion last fall on the Caribbean Princess. We went to seven mile beach. A great beach, but at the entrance, the staff rifled through our beach bags , and removed any source of food and drink. They confiscated cans of soda, sandwiches, cookies, fruit, it made the lines long waiting to get in. 

IMG_0696.jpeg

2 hours ago, majorjan said:

I took this excursion last fall on the Caribbean Princess. We went to seven mile beach. A great beach, but at the entrance, the staff rifled through our beach bags , and removed any source of food and drink. They confiscated cans of soda, sandwiches, cookies, fruit, it made the lines long waiting to get in. 

IMG_0696.jpeg

That sounds just like what they do in Cozumel. LOL 😁

They've found that it increases food & beverage sales tremendously since loads of people just pack snacks & soda from the ship.

9 minutes ago, floridalover5623 said:

That sounds just like what they do in Cozumel. LOL 😁

They've found that it increases food & beverage sales tremendously since loads of people just pack snacks & soda from the ship.

Exactly! They took my snacks,  and we joined all the others at the bar to buy overpriced food and drinks. The place was mobbed. 

And in reply to Kitty 2264, the beach was awesome, no sharp rocks, no need for water shoes, special area where you can reserve a cabana.