Suggestions for making a flight more comfortable

jajsmom

1 hour ago, jajsmom said:

I got my seat yesterday, and so far, I like it.  I've read a lot of reviews on the inflatable footrests.  Most people seem to like it when they have short legs, but I have the opposite problem--I'm 5'6" with a 36" inseam!  Slidergirl, I take it you really like yours, as I read reviews of yours on flyer talk from 5 years ago, and you're still recommending the same one.

Globaliser, I looked at seat guru, and for the A330 that we are on, it does say that there are 16 MCE seats, but I could only locate 8 of them, being the bulkhead row behind business class.  We're only a few rows behind that, and I got our seats the day they were released.

Yes, that is the same foot rest.  I'm 5'8" and a 32 inseam.  But, it is nice to have that footrest to alternate seating position on a long flight.  I have a surgically repaired ankle and it bothers me on a daily basis, 10 years from the surgery.  That footrest allows me to fly comfortably.  

Wow, that is some research, if you found postings of mine from 5 years ago!!!

8 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Yes, that is the same foot rest.  I'm 5'8" and a 32 inseam.  But, it is nice to have that footrest to alternate seating position on a long flight.  I have a surgically repaired ankle and it bothers me on a daily basis, 10 years from the surgery.  That footrest allows me to fly comfortably.  

Wow, that is some research, if you found postings of mine from 5 years ago!!!

I googled business class inflatable foot rest, and one of the  responses was a post of yours on flyer talk from 2014!

On 2/22/2019 at 2:21 PM, Flymia said:

Try for a 2 seat row. If not possible, take a seat towards the back of the plane and if traveling with someone else reserve the window seat and aisle seat. Best chance possible to have an empty middle seat. Obviously a lot of flights go out full. But on average most long haul flights are going out around 80-85% full. The last seats to be taken by passenger or the computer picking random seats are middle seats towards the back of the plane. If someone is there, they would likely be happy to take the aisle or window seat instead of the middle seat. 

I usually bring some comfortable lose fitting clothes to change into. 

Water and drink lots of water. 

Good headphones 

Shoes always come off on overnight flights. 

And then if it is overnight, I take some Benadryl that helps me get to sleep but won't keep me asleep. I have used it a bit so I know how I react to it. Never take any supplement/medication for the first time on an airplane though. 

Great point.  We flew Denver to London in a 2 seat row on British Airways.  It was heavenly. Very relaxing.

Edited by LuckyStar