Mixology classes/Tastings

Jareds_mommytoo

10 minutes ago, ski ww said:

That sounds like a fun way to spent a couple of hours on a sea day. I'll have to keep an eye open for that.

We think so too. We try to hit a Mixology every cruise now. They generally teach you three drinks, they give you the recipe list, and of course you get those three drinks as well. Eat before you go. Our drinks were definitely well loaded and the bartenders waste nothing. I got extras twice and who am I to say no? Dh and I were feeling no pain. :classic_biggrin:

So if you upgrade to the EBP these are included?

5 hours ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

On a 7 day cruise how many do you think there are. We have a SBP and dont drink wine, but we do enjoy the tastings and classes so i was wondering if its worth upgrading to the EBP for them, or just pay  separately for them 

28 minutes ago, Snowesha said:

I have the SBP from the Explore 4 deal I booked. Does anyone know if I will be able to upgrade onboard to the EBP. And if so for how much? It's a 7 night cruise.

Yes. Several folks of late have reported upgrading. As to the cost, I can't remember but between $5-10 a day, I can't remember if they base it off the reduced prepurchase price or not. POA1 mentioned  how he upgraded his Explore4 SBP to the EBP in his Christmas cruise live thread around page 3. 

9 minutes ago, Bengalfang said:

Are those classes and beer tastings on every HAL cruise? I’m on Westerdam headed to Alaska in Aug.

The classes and tastings will vary but there have been similar events on every HAL cruise we have done including Alaska and on every ship including the Westerdam, which is a really great ship btw.

• Like 1

My husband took a series of 3 Mixology on a trans-Atlantic crossing cruise during the sea days.  At the end of the classes they wore their cap and gowns (bathrobes and shower caps) for a graduation ceremony complete with a diploma certificate.  So much fun was had by all.  Great way to have some fun on sea days.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sunnygidget said:

My husband took a series of 3 Mixology on a trans-Atlantic crossing cruise during the sea days.  At the end of the classes they wore their cap and gowns (bathrobes and shower caps) for a graduation ceremony complete with a diploma certificate.  So much fun was had by all.  Great way to have some fun on sea days.

That is so great!!

When we did three on a longer cruise on Noordam, we got diplomas with our names (I still have them in our cruise memory box) but no "cap and gown" ceremony. I would have loved that!! That would have been a real Kodak moment. 🤣

Edited by fatcat04

11 minutes ago, megatwin07 said:

Do you just show up for the mixology classes, or do you have to book them once on board? 

We booked onboard not long after we boarded with one of the beverage staff hanging out near the lido pool. They are at the tables set up for all the wine packages. They take orders for classes, tastings, wine packages, etc. I just gave them how many were attending, our last name, and cabin number. But, some folks did just walk up to our class and we made room for them. I always book first day as they can get crowded.

• Like 1