Port:

11516: under the fitness centre

11618, 11620: under the galley

11622, 11624, 11626 & 11628: under La Cucina Restaurant

Starboard:

11022 & 11024: under the card room / photo studio

11028: under the pool deck

11104, 11108, 11118, 11120 & 11122: under the Garden Cafe

I'm currently drawn to 11022 which is starboard.  Does anyone have any thoughts?

For some reason, I'm sure I've read that the best side of the ship to be on is on the port side, which is why I choose the original cabin.  Are there any disadvantages to a cabin which is starboard?

Thanks in advance.

We like 11026 or 11028.  Pretty quiet above and these are the last two going forward that have the larger overhang above the balcony.  That gives you better weather and sun protection without restricting anything.  Port or starboard no real difference usually.  You don't know which side a ship will dock on until you get there.  

• Like 1

All of those options have a great potential for noise except the card room/photo studio ones.  Starboard and port really don't make a difference.  One of the most important issues with picking a cabin is what is above and what is below you.  Cabins above and below are the best bet.  Things below don't usually matter unless it's the theater or a performance venue as you will hear and feel the base from shows and rehearsals.  Since none of your options have cabins above, go with the cabin below the least used space.  

3 hours ago, roger001 said:

We like 11026 or 11028.  Pretty quiet above and these are the last two going forward that have the larger overhang above the balcony.  That gives you better weather and sun protection without restricting anything.  Port or starboard no real difference usually.  You don't know which side a ship will dock on until you get there.  

Hi Roger001,

Thanks for your reply.

11028 is not available and 11026 is too close to the pool deck for my liking.  11022 is my preferred choice at the moment.

3 hours ago, gizfish said:

All of those options have a great potential for noise except the card room/photo studio ones.  Starboard and port really don't make a difference.  One of the most important issues with picking a cabin is what is above and what is below you.  Cabins above and below are the best bet.  Things below don't usually matter unless it's the theater or a performance venue as you will hear and feel the base from shows and rehearsals.  Since none of your options have cabins above, go with the cabin below the least used space. 

Hi gizfish,

Thanks for your reply.

In that case, 11022 is my preferred choice at the moment.

11022 is a better choice than 11026. 

11026 is a connecting cabin with the two bedroom suite 11024.

We have stayed in 11020 and 11028 and loved both cabins but definitely prefer the ones that are not connecting cabins as you can hear and be heard by the adjacent cabin.

1 hour ago, Paul Bogle said:

11022 is a better choice than 11026. 

11026 is a connecting cabin with the two bedroom suite 11024.

We have stayed in 11020 and 11028 and loved both cabins but definitely prefer the ones that are not connecting cabins as you can hear and be heard by the adjacent cabin.

Hi Paul Bogle,

Not having a connecting room was also top on our list. 

11 hours ago, Paul Bogle said:

Great advice.  We stayed in Cabin 10556 on the Jewel which is a connecting cabin.  We had an elderly Asian couple next to us that had to shout at each other at 6am each morning when they would get out of bed.  We could hear them like they were in our cabin.

Would never ever get an interconnecting cabin again.  You definitely live and learn!

We stayed in 11618 on the Jewel during the 14-Day cruise of New Zealand starting at the end of January 2019.  We were very pleased and did not hear any disturbing noises from above nor below.  This cabin is not a part of a connecting set. The room is Aft on the Port side.  A quick walk up one floor to the Garden Café and back to the Great Outdoors.  

We usually like to be on the side closest to shore.   It is better to look out at the shore than the sea.  Although often you are far from shore where it really doesn’t make a difference.   When in port, our side was sometimes facing the shore and sometimes not.

We loved to have breakfast at the Great Outdoors, Aft.  It’s also a great place for an afternoon beer.

• Like 1