Upgrade bid successful

Sharon1927

Upgrade question - if you get upgraded from a cabin let's say you paid $1000 for to one that sells for (on day you get upgrade, for which you've paid $100) $2k and you want to pay the difference for a cabin that is $2.5k, do you pay $500 extra or $1500 or $1400 extra? E.g the difference between the price of your new cabin, or the sum total of what you have already paid to NCL without consideration of the value of the upgraded cabin?  Just curious, I don't have an upgrade at the moment, but always have lots of questions.   TIA

• 4 months later...
On 3/28/2019 at 6:03 PM, spanishguy1970 said:

We put up two bids for our coming cruise on April 27 on the Epic, but the ship is sold out, so i doubt we will get it. We bid for the  Spa Balcony and Spa mini suite.

I am currently in a similar situation. We have bid on Haven upgrades on a sold out ship. We sail on March 15th, 2020. I am curious if you ever won your upgrade bid on your sold out sailing? Just wondering about our chances. 

37 minutes ago, Glitterbutton said:

I am currently in a similar situation. We have bid on Haven upgrades on a sold out ship. We sail on March 15th, 2020. I am curious if you ever won your upgrade bid on your sold out sailing? Just wondering about our chances. 

Hi, no, I've never won a bid on sold out in fact i have never won any bids. I keep trying though :-)

4 hours ago, Glitterbutton said:

Things that can happen opening the bid channel:

A guest cancellation in the Haven

A guest in a Haven successfully bidding on a bigger better DOS Haven suite

Both of these create an open cabin

Then all the bids on file are culled resulting in at least awarding one bid for the now open Haven cabin.

The strength of your bid and what cabin you are now occupying may be the deciding awarding factor

-or- in other words what is the maximum yield that NCL can get filling both cabins and then even

more cabins below yours a sort of reverse domino effect - all successful bidders moving up.

But then no one knows for sure what kind of Ouija board magic 8 ball is used in awarding bids.

From what I understand it is handled by a private outside agency.

Good Luck ! 

2 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

We have not received notice and our cruise in April, we usually received the letter 48 hours before the cruise. We have never won a bid 😞

Bid awarding can occur anytime from when you were offered the opportunity to bid to 48 hours before sailing.

Presuming you bid - you will receive an email awarding the bid - you can check your EDOCS for the cabin number

awarded and other details.

If your bid was not successful around that 48 hours before sailing you will sadly receive the bad news by email.

Asking about upgrading at the time of registration and check-in is a useless venture - BUT you can try it.

Also on board at Guest Services - unlikely but NCL may take your name if something develops. Most of the time

there is a sign stating "Ship sailing FULL" upgrades forget about it (or something to that effect) !

To participate in the bidding you of course must be offered it.

Didn't get an invite for the upgrade you can always call NCL (or working with a TA) and ask directly about upgrading.

Careful here about losing perks bennies bonuses in changing your booking and then you may score with the

cabin upgrade especially going to a suite.