Upgrade bid successful

Sharon1927

On 3/12/2019 at 5:47 AM, ziggyuk said:

Agreed but that is why I said unlikely, the vast majority of people get acceptance emails 48hrs out, this is shown in the vast upgrade threads.

Interesting.  I've never keep a record of upgrade reports.  Anecdotally, mostly I've seen awards are all over the map with many awarded in the final two weeks.  Do you have a breakout of the numbers? 

I decided to at least bid on a Haven suite after repeated emails to upgrade, I will be happy to stay in our mini suite but my wife thought it would be fun to at least bid and see what happens. We are sailing on the Pearl for a transatlantic on April 28th.  We will hope for the best and enjoy regardless!! 

17 hours ago, Elly67 said:

We were just notified that our bid was accepted....moved from a balcony on deck 8 to a mini suite on deck 11. I thought it would take longer to find out if it was accepted.  We are leaving on April 18th out of New York, so about 36 days.

Can you tell us how much you paid and how much you bid?

We've placed a bid for a mini-suite (upgrade from balcony) at $200/pp, and we sail on Sunday. We have yet to hear if we are approved/accepted or not. It still says our offer is pending. Not sure how we'll reprint our e-docs, as we're flying in to PR a day ahead of time. Hopefully the app will show our upgrade and stuff, and we can get new luggage tags at the port with the luggage people.

On 2/24/2019 at 2:42 PM, erdoran said:

I'm April 28 sailing and no one on roll call has even been offered an upgrade, in spite of availability in most categories.

On this sailing and we were offered 6 Haven and suite category options to bid on.  Not even holding my breath as we bid the minimum for an upgrade on 4 of the options.  We recieved an e mail as well as seeing this bidding option every time we check in to My NCL. 

12 hours ago, Mrs.C05 said:

Not sure how we'll reprint our e-docs, as we're flying in to PR a day ahead of time.

Your hotel might have a "computer room" with a printer available for peace of mind.  However show up @ port with your original doc's and I'm sure all will be fine.

11 hours ago, misha1 said:

On this sailing and we were offered 6 Haven and suite category options to bid on.  Not even holding my breath as we bid the minimum for an upgrade on 4 of the options.  We recieved an e mail as well as seeing this bidding option every time we check in to My NCL. 

Yeah, roll call finally got offers, but I got a rock (as Charlie Brown says) - no offer for me!

Come join our roll call!

5 minutes ago, katzz35 said:

I'm intrigued by the bidding. So if I make a bid (lets say just for ease of math) for a mini suite for $100/pp.  Is that per day again? Or total?  Just an extra $200 added to the cost of my trip?

Per person for the entire trip - the $200 you had planned on - Good Luck !

On 3/11/2019 at 7:17 PM, Animalgirl27 said:

I am thinking about booking the NCL Sun that departs on April 15th. When do the upgrade offers typically go out? I'm afraid if I book something too late, I won't receive a potential upgrade offer. 

We booked a cruise 2 weeks before sailing, was able to bid and offer was accepted for our March 2, 2019 sailing

On 3/12/2019 at 4:08 PM, tumblew467 said:

I have a question if your bid is accepted lets say 48 hours prior to the cruise --Do you have to reprint  your E docs?

I sailed on Mar 2, 2019 - we were in Miami when our bid was accepted, I just changed the cabin # on the luggage tags & took my old edocs to the port, just told the agent at the desk our new cabin number, no issues

On 2/24/2019 at 4:13 AM, Sharon1927 said:

Just wondering if anyone has received a confirmation on a upgrade bid for May 2019 sailings.

We are sailing on the Spirit May 31st and got an invitation to bid.  We were in an inside cabin and bid the max $450 per person ($900) for a balcony and got it within a week.  We are three adults in the room, so it was only $300 per person to upgrade from an inside to a balcony.  What a deal!!

9 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

We put up two bids for our coming cruise on April 27 on the Epic, but the ship is sold out, so i doubt we will get it. We bid for the  Spa Balcony and Spa mini suite.

My sailing on the Bliss was shown as sold out for week and I still got an upgrade two days ago in my category regardless. Don't lose all hope .....

• Like 1

If you bid on 2 different offers, is it possible that they both would get accepted or is it set up so that once one is accepted, the other is voided? I would love to bid for 2 (spay balcony and a haven aft balcony) but I don't want to get the first (and pay for it) and then they accept the second and have to pay again for it.

17 minutes ago, alisonslp said:

If you bid on 2 different offers, is it possible that they both would get accepted or is it set up so that once one is accepted, the other is voided? I would love to bid for 2 (spay balcony and a haven aft balcony) but I don't want to get the first (and pay for it) and then they accept the second and have to pay again for it.

Only one will be accepted. 

• 6 months later...
12 minutes ago, geojourneyman said:

Can you request a port side choice only with an upgrade offer?  It is important for view of coastline?

No, you cannot request any specific cabin, side of the ship, location, etc.  

If you need a specific cabin, on a specific side, don't take a chance with the upgrade.

Edited by DinaS
typo
  • Thanks 1