Roll call

katscruise

I have been having trouble with finding and getting the roll call going for October 7, 2019 Island Princess Panama Canal cruise.  It’s like it is hidden and you have to go thru multiple steps to find it.  It is discouraging.  I have never had these problems before.  I wonder when Cruise Critic will fix this problem.  I notice there are advisories all over about the Roll Call portion having trouble.  Frustrating!

21 minutes ago, lovestheH20 said:

I have been having trouble with finding and getting the roll call going for October 7, 2019 Island Princess Panama Canal cruise.  It’s like it is hidden and you have to go thru multiple steps to find it.  It is discouraging.  I have never had these problems before.  I wonder when Cruise Critic will fix this problem.  I notice there are advisories all over about the Roll Call portion having trouble.  Frustrating!

The Roll Call finder has always been less than reliable.  The biggest issue was the various formats of putting the date of the cruise in the title.  The finder tool only recognizes "Month day, year" format.  

It's actually been down for about a month now.

It's not that difficult to find a Roll Call by doing it the old fashioned way:

1. Click on the "Forums" tab in upper left.

2.  Scroll down to locate the "Roll Calls" forum

3.  Locate the specific cruise line Roll Call (for example: "Princess Roll Calls") and click on the link.

4.  Scroll down to locate the specific ship's roll calls (for example:  "Island Princess Roll Calls" and click on the link.

5.  Look through the various threads and locate your roll call (if there's one started).

Oh, look, here's one for the October 7, 2019 cruise (and the date format is incorrect)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2626790-10-7-19-island-princess-panama-canal-cruise/

I'll also mention that many roll calls don't really get rolling until about 3-4 months out.

Edited by Shmoo here

To avoid having trouble finding your roll call whenever you want to check in, it is very simple to find it once and then bookmark the page and add it to your favorites.

I have a folder in favorites marked Cruises and I have everything (TA's website, Port information websites, cruise line websites, and each of my upcoming cruises) bookmarked and stored there.  Whenever I want to go to a roll call I simply upon up that folder and click on what I want.

1 hour ago, lovestheH20 said:

Thanks for your reply. I did not create the date format. Am I able to fix it? 

The date could be fixed, however, if a roll call is created with an incorrect date format, and then it's fixed, the roll call finder tool won't pick it up.

That is, WHEN the Roll Call finder tool was working.  It's not working right now.