Japan April 14th port of departure

Suzanneab

Our online cruise documents are showing that we are leaving from Daikoku Pier which is mostly a cargo port.  We called Azamara and were told we were leaving from Osambashi pier.  Which is correct ???  

If you are on this cruise, can you please check your online documents to see which port you are showing.

We are so confused

11 hours ago, Suzanneab said:

Our online cruise documents are showing that we are leaving from Daikoku Pier which is mostly a cargo port.  We called Azamara and were told we were leaving from Osambashi pier.  Which is correct ???  

If you are on this cruise, can you please check your online documents to see which port you are showing.

We are so confused

mine say daikoky pier, Anneliess

This is why I mean when I posted.  Conflicting information - I hope no one misses the boat.

Not at all happy with departing from Daikoku Pier.  It is in the middle of no where with no public transportation that I can find.  Taxis are very expensive in Yokohama/Tokyo.  We originally were supposed to depart from a pier in Tokyo.  

We are on the Quest cruise leaving April 27 th and received the email below from Azamara this week ( which doesn’t appear to have also been sent to our TA) saying that we were departing from Daikoku Pier now. It urges us to arrive at the correct check in time as there is no where to wait at this pier. 

I have now rearranged our taxi transfer and have asked the TA to check which pier we will disembark from to ensure our taxi arrangements to the airport are correct. 

This is at least the third pier change since we booked this cruise.

Copy of email:

Dear Valued Guest,

We are excited to have you on board and would like to provide you with the following embarkation pier information for Azamara Quest departing from Yokohama on April 27, 2019.

Check-in for your cruise will take place at Daikoko Pier located at 230-0054, T3-4, Tsurumiku, Daikoku Pier, Yokohama, Japan.

Please be informed that there will be 5 cruise ships scheduled to sail from Yokohama and Tokyo on your embarkation day at different berthing pier, please see route map on page 2 & 3 for local driver easy reference.

Please note that the port has basic setup for check-in and limited space for seating area. Restaurants and stores are not available around the area.

We want your vacation to get off on a wonderful start and in order to facilitate your check-in process and ask that you arrive at Daikoko Pier according to the designated appointment time on your Xpress Pass. We understand that you are excited about your upcoming cruise, but we strongly encourage you to arrive within your designated time, this will help ensure a smooth embarkation experience so that you can begin your vacation as soon as possible.

Suite Guests and Le Club Voyage can check-in anytime at their convenience between the hours of 12:30 PM and 3:30 PM.

Additionally, there is no public transportation or train connected to this pier, however, local taxis will be allowed to access to the area.

If you have not made prior arrangement to access to this pier, we will be offering bus transfers on April 27 from both Narita & Haneda Airports for flights arriving before 12:00 PM. These direct transfers to the ship from the airport are only available for pre-purchase and will not be available for purchase on the day of your arrival.

Please contact your local travel partner or call 1-855-AZAMARA (1-855-292-6272) to purchase transfer from the airport to the ship in advance.

We look forward to welcoming you on board Azamara Quest and wish you a pleasant and enjoyable holiday.

Sincerely,

On 2/28/2019 at 3:51 AM, BBMacLaird said:

These are the embarkation ports that I have:

April 14 - Daikoku Pier in Yokohama

April 27 - Daikoku Pier in Yokohama

May 11-12 - Osanbashi Pier in Yokohama

Hi Bonnie,

So I am arriving on Quest on April 14th.   I had assumed, based on previous experience, that the pier would be Osanbashi.  From your message above is it correct that we arrive at Daikoku?

Regards

Lyn

12 minutes ago, lahore said:

Hi Bonnie,

So I am arriving on Quest on April 14th.   I had assumed, based on previous experience, that the pier would be Osanbashi.  From your message above is it correct that we arrive at Daikoku?

Regards

Lyn

Hi Lyn, yes, looks like both your embark and disembark will be Daikoku dock.

4 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi Lyn, yes, looks like both your embark and disembark will be Daikoku dock.

Thank you for finding out Bonnie.  That’s very disappointing and inconvenient, but not your fault of course.   Cheers, Lyn