Specialty Restaurant Prices/Le Petite Chef

Bruin Steve

I had been trying to make a restaurant reservation for my Anniversary during one of our upcoming Reflection cruises...and Murano, Tuscan and Lawn Club kept showing up...but not Le Petite Chef...I emailed once and called twice...and final, on the second call, someone told me it was a glitch in the system and they would fix it within a few days.  Finally, tonight, Le Petite Chef started showing up...

Now, perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me...but, we just got off Millennium about six weeks ago...and ate in both Tuscan and Qsine...and I seem to recall the prices being something like $60 pp for each...But, looking on the Cruise Planner for this one, it is showing Tuscan and Lawn Club for $45 and Murano for $50 (deeper discount for 1st night)...and Le Petite Chef is now showing for $55.  When I saw these prices for Tuscan, Lawn Club and Murano, I thought, perhaps, that these were lower due to Celebrity's 20% off sale...But, OTOH, perhaps this is just a new pricing structure...and Le Petite Chef is just higher priced than the others...Does anyone know for sure?

Also, being an Elite Plus Captains Club member, I am supposed to get a 15% off of specialty restaurant fees--but this shows up nowhere when booking on the Cruise Planner...Anyone know how I claim this?  Thanks...

3 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

I had been trying to make a restaurant reservation for my Anniversary during one of our upcoming Reflection cruises...and Murano, Tuscan and Lawn Club kept showing up...but not Le Petite Chef...I emailed once and called twice...and final, on the second call, someone told me it was a glitch in the system and they would fix it within a few days.  Finally, tonight, Le Petite Chef started showing up...

Now, perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me...but, we just got off Millennium about six weeks ago...and ate in both Tuscan and Qsine...and I seem to recall the prices being something like $60 pp for each...But, looking on the Cruise Planner for this one, it is showing Tuscan and Lawn Club for $45 and Murano for $50 (deeper discount for 1st night)...and Le Petite Chef is now showing for $55.  When I saw these prices for Tuscan, Lawn Club and Murano, I thought, perhaps, that these were lower due to Celebrity's 20% off sale...But, OTOH, perhaps this is just a new pricing structure...and Le Petite Chef is just higher priced than the others...Does anyone know for sure?

Also, being an Elite Plus Captains Club member, I am supposed to get a 15% off of specialty restaurant fees--but this shows up nowhere when booking on the Cruise Planner...Anyone know how I claim this?  Thanks...

Hi Steve,

We went to Le Petite Chef when we were on the Eclipse in November and the meal was excellent. The table show is entertaining but once you have seen it I don't know if I would rush back (Menu doesn't appear to change that much). What I would say is to wait until you are on the ship and then book but haggle with them. We ate in Blu most nights and are very happy with the menus in Blu but we were in the buffet for lunch one day and one of the staff from LPC was going about trying to fill up the restaurant for that night so my wife cheekily asked if we were getting two for one on the cover charge. She disappeared and came back about 5-10 minutes later and said if we went that night we would get 2 for 1 so being Aberdonians (My wife keeps every penny as a prisoner:classic_tongue:) off we went and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sorry I can't help with Elite Plus as we have just qualified for Elite and wont be using that until September when we do the ABC cruise on Equinox.

Enjoy your cruise what ever you do.

Alan

3 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

SPECIALTY DINING DISCOUNTS

Applies only to the member's cover charge. Not combinable with any other offers. Discount will be taken once onboard. Reservations can be held prior to sailing by calling the Loyalty Desk.

PRE-SAILING SPECIALITY RESTAURANT RESERVATIONS 

You can make dinner reservations for a Specialty Restaurant anywhere from 60 days to 4 days prior to your sailing date when booking a cruise on any Celebrity ship except Celebrity Xpedition®. You can make your reservation online via our dining reservation tool. If your desired time is not available, please contact our Captain's Club Loyalty Desk, as we have set aside limited seating for our Captain’s Club members. Guests must be 12 years or older. Proper attire is required. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking. 

Captain's Club Terms and Conditions (UK site)

Edited by groryjm

1 hour ago, groryjm said:

PRE-SAILING SPECIALITY RESTAURANT RESERVATIONS 

You can make dinner reservations for a Specialty Restaurant anywhere from 60 days to 4 days prior to your sailing date when booking a cruise on any Celebrity ship except Celebrity Xpedition®.

Thanks, Steve for asking the question.  I always forget about the 15% discount we are eligible for.  I made reservations yesterday for our August cruise and I'll make a note to check on the discount when we board.

I did want to mention that we can now make specialty dining reservation far in advance of 60 days.  We were able to book specialty dining right after we booked recently and our cruise is more than 8 months away.

1 hour ago, Host Anne said:

I always forget about the 15% discount we are eligible for.  I made reservations yesterday for our August cruise and I'll make a note to check on the discount when we board.

As you've detected, Celebrity's systems are not sophisticated enough to apply the specialty dining loyalty discount for online, prepaid reservations...  I've claimed the discount once aboard via a quick chat with the Maitre 'D or host[ess] prior to seating--just easier than having the server render an incorrect receipt at dinner end [systems are no smarter on the ship]--and the discount was readily refunded via Onboard Credit...

Best to you and Andy... 

Edited by Xport

10 hours ago, Xport said:

As you've detected, Celebrity's systems are not sophisticated enough to apply the specialty dining loyalty discount for online, prepaid reservations...  I've claimed the discount once aboard via a quick chat with the Maitre 'D or host[ess] prior to seating--just easier than having the server render an incorrect receipt at dinner end [systems are no smarter on the ship]--and the discount was readily refunded via Onboard Credit...

Best to you and Andy... 

Thanks so much for the suggestion. My favorite thing about Cruise Critic has always been how helpful members are!  I'll tell Andy you said hello....hope all is well.