Cheers and Dinner

okie81

One thing I suggest is before you go to dinner order a drink from a bar and carry it in with you.  Drink service in the dining room can be a little slow.   Then order the drink for with your meal when they come around.  But to answer your question they are included with Cheers.   They will bring you a wine list and there is typically a drink of the day on the  menu.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, schazzy said:

Yep, included, expect for those shooters in the souvenir shot glasses they sometimes come around with, they are not included.

The drink is included but the glass is not.  You can drink the shooter and give the glass back. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, boomhower said:

The drink is included but the glass is not.  You can drink the shooter and give the glass back. 

Ah, I didn't know that, I never got one, I just assumed because they were in a souvenir glass they wouldn't be included in Cheers. Learn something new all the time on here.

• Like 2

One thing we enjoy in the dining room with Cheers is to trust the waiter/waitress to pair a drink with each of our courses.  We find a good wait staff team and request them every night.  Natalia on the Miracle was wonderful in December.  Great way to be open and try new things, DH and I each tried new things.  They know what is included in the package and keep you under the price limit.  She asked our preferences and we let her surprise us.  It is a fun experience.  We also enjoy a bottle or 2 of San Pelligrino with dinner, also a part of Cheers.  🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you tell the wait staff that there is a certain drink or whatever that you want each night, they will make sure it is there.  The group across from us always had a plate of lime wedges and extra butter servings.  I found out they requested these to be there.  A couple near us walked in to wine at their table every night.

• Thanks 1

I noticed the servers are not that motivated to get you a drink when you have the Cheers package. You do pay an 18% tip on the card, but I don't know how it is distributed. I got much better service when I paid for each drink.

On 3/3/2019 at 2:08 PM, JStarbrite said:

I noticed the servers are not that motivated to get you a drink when you have the Cheers package. You do pay an 18% tip on the card, but I don't know how it is distributed. I got much better service when I paid for each drink.

yeah, I noticed this when I had the bubbles package, and they give you the look like when you  order a coke... This is not right, your not getting it for free... But yeah, there really needs to be an educational moment here with SOME OF THE Staff, that you paid for your package, whether bubbles or CHEERS!

We always purchase Cheers and after 1st night, once our waiter knew our beverage of choice, our drinks were waiting each night. Plus whenever my drink was half empty...he brought another. had atleast 3 drinks each night at dinner...thanks to our waiter...LOL

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2019 at 9:42 PM, ugagal07 said:

Natalia on the Miracle was wonderful in December.  🙂

She was one of our favorites when we cruised last September.  I'm happy to hear she is still being fabulous!!  

On 2/27/2019 at 2:02 PM, okie81 said:

I've noticed on the dinner menus in the main dining room there are drinks listed.  Are these included with Cheers packages or paid separate? Thanks!

you can use the cheers package at any bar Your waiter will take your order in dining room.

On 3/3/2019 at 5:08 PM, JStarbrite said:

Seeing that the MDR servers aren't getting tipped on what 3/4s of everything they deliver, why would this be any different? Do they not care to serve you your appetizers? They don't make the drinks. The current system is just inefficient.

when we have Cheers, we get a drink to bring into dinner, then order a glass of wine for our meal.  the best part is getting cappuccino with our dessert.  It used to be included way back when, now you have to pay.  That's where I feel Cheers pays dividends, the Coffee Bar. 

• Like 2