Ordering wine thru the Personalizer

hobbyfarmer2

6 minutes ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

DW and I are planning to order sparkling wine using onboard reservations in the Personalizer.  It saves us almost $6 a bottle after exchange and gratuity.  Will the bubbly be delivered to our room or do we get it in the MDR? 

We have done this a few times. We have had some delivered and some we got in the DR.

You should have a voucher in your room upon arrival. Call room service for delivery or take the voucher to the DR.

We have purchased wine before the cruise and had it delivered to the cabin after we had boarded.  As already stated a voucher will be in your cabin to use in ordering the bubly.  The one caveat is that an adult 21+ must be in the room to accept the wine and sign the voucher.  They cannot just leave it in the cabin without anyone present. If you want it the day of embarkation be sure to call room service as soon as you get on the ship and expect a delay.  They are very busy that day. 

44 minutes ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

I have a followup question.  Suppose we have unused alcohol vouchers from personalizer purchases near end of trip.  Do we get reimbursed or do they "burn"?

Never been in that situation but I’d go to the Passenger Service Desk to inquire about a refund as soon as realizing I wouldn’t drink all of my wine & hope for the best.  We don’t prepurchase wine because we usually have sufficient OBC to purchase wine onboard & don’t have your currency exchange rate factor to consider.

I do know that with the wine packages (purchased only onboard) that any unused bottles are not refundable.  Once we over estimated our wine usage & took a couple of bottles home.  That’s much easier to do when driving home but sometimes we pack a couple of bottles in our checked luggage (safely secured by our wine bottle protectors) to take to the ship & could use them if we’d ever again misjudge our wine consumption...or if we wanted to bring home a bottle that’s not often available in the USA.

If they would “burn” then you could redeem the vouchers & any crewmember would gladly accept your gift. 😉

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1