How much to push? Need immediate feedback

LHC

We were on Westerdam in Nov. for 2 7nt cruises (back2back) and I was quite surprised there was no sales person on board!! (This was our 1st time on HAL.) Both Princess and Royal Carib have a special office on board with a real person or 2 == where one can get brochures, talk to them about other cruises and actually make a booking. The guest relations lady on Westerdam seemed to know nothing about it nor how to do it when I inquired!!

All of this makes me wonder if HAL is not outsourcing. They used to be so efficient and customer oriented and it does seem lately that half of the people you talk to in 'corporate' don't know spit from shine about what's going on. I first noticed it last year when we were booked on the Z and the hurricane blew in. There was a posting online about what they were offering if you decided to take the shortened cruise but when my husband called, he got some lady that didn't have a clue and told him if we cancelled we'd lose our money. We finally did get to talk to someone who knew something. We called several times since with various questions and it seems to be just luck if you do get someone who actually has a clue to what's going on. Very sad

I know that somewhere on this site there is a post on the Holland American website that is a total listing of all the specials and what they entail....look for it and compare.

Linda

Dear CC'ers.

Yesterday I finally got a call from my message left to Kim Wilson, supervisor in Seattle....unfortunately she called while I had been transporting a child to therapy at a hospital and my file was on my work desk...but I explained the situation and she said she had made the decision that one week post cruise was as far out and she was going to honor it.

I explained that I had not received that info, and I was not informed of that on the ship at the front desk, so how was I and who was I going to make contact with when I had basically been ignored from daily phone calls.

I then remembered that Beccah and I had written it on our evaluation the last day of the cruise, so that she had the documentation within her established time frame....she was not very nice but said she would re-evaluate and let me know her decision yesterday or today, no calls yet, so not sure where it will go but now I feel like I will continue to follow this problem higher than Ms. Wilson, as she was all but rude (okay rude) to a customer. As a nurse, I tend to be so understanding and kind, but also I am intelligent enough to know that in this case, my daughter and I followed every thing we could do to honor the request of the certificate.

My normal nice, roll over nature, is changing (maybe it is being 52 and not accepting of bad behavior anymore) plus I am assured enough now not to give into bullying.

I will let all of you know what happens.

Linda

Dear CC'ers,

Thank you for your support..not sure I would have endured all the rigamaroll if it had not been for your encouragement. Read below:

Hi Linda,

I just received an OK for you to book the Christmas cruise and have the amenities that were given to you while onboard the

Ship and you were not able to get through to our reservation number. Please call me today, as I am ready to book the cruise…and then you will only have to put the $100 deposit per person on the booking. Thank you.

Regards,

Judy Williams

Personal Cruise Consultant

Holland America Line

800-335-3017 Ext 4178

jwilliams@hollandamerica.com

LHC, I only just saw this thread and read it like a novel ... couldn't wait to see how it turned out! I am so relieved and so happy that HAL came through for you because it would be inexcusable for them to have done anything else.

I swear I was close to cancelling our next HAL cruise if they had not honored the offer. I wouldn't want to do business with a company that would treat anyone like that.

Have to laugh ... Judy Williams will be thrilled you posted her email address:D . We should all write her and thank her for doing the right thing!!

Heather, I took your advice and e-mailed Judy W. Will let you know if I get a reply. I did mention the 1,211 hits the topic received. Yes, I also said I was happy it was resolved.

Truth be told, Linda, it was all that paperwork you did in documenting and all your persistence that probably did the trick. I am a retired nurse and I know how much fun "documenting" can be, but that habit pays off.

THREE CHEERS FOR CRUISE CRITIC, GREAT BACKUP!!! :)

"Happy Sails" to you.

Blessings,

Gail

Dear CC'ers,

Today I call to book and my DD and I are so excited...last night during my prayers I thanked the Heavenly Father for the outcome....My only concern is that I hope if anyone else was affected during the Christmas Cruise that they are CC'ers and read this site..Your support made this come to pass. Thanks to all.:p

Archived