B2B cruises on Serenade of the Seas

prodoc

I will be traveling with my husband on our first b2b cruises in June, 2019 on Serenade of the Seas.  We thoroughly love cruising but this is our first b2b and I would appreciate any information or insights you seasoned cruisers can pass on to us.  We booked the same cabin for both cruises so we will not need to move between cabins, but if we get a last minute upgrade on one of the cruises, will they help us move cabins?  The first cruise begins and ends in Copenhagen and the second cruise begins in Copenhagen and ends in Stockholm.  Any suggestions on how to make the transition day go smoother would be appreciated.  At this time we think we will disembark in Copenhagen and sightsee before returning to the ship but we will have done some sightseeing there before the cruise as we arrive 4 days before the cruise so that day is still unplanned at this time.  Laundry is a consideration since we will have 29 days of travel total.  Has anyone taken laundry off the ship on these turnaround days, especially in Copenhagen and have for suggestions for me?  Also, will the ship have any special meeting for those on the first cruise that will be doing both cruises?  I know from my Cruise Critic roll calls that we have a large number of people who are doing  these two b2b cruises.  Fortunately we have Meet and Mingle parties set up for both cruises.

Penny

Your stateroom attendants will help you move if necessary.

The ship may or may not have a meeting for B2B guests.  Visit Guest Services midway through the first cruise and confirm you are on the B2B list.

We did a Serenade B3B out of Copenhagen two years ago.  Was very easy.  Short info meeting a few days before #1 ended.  Met in the Colony Club.  Security set up a temporary kiosk.  After the ship was empty security scanned our old passes off - then scanned our new passes on.  That's it.  Was one of the easiest turns we have ever done.  Same drill for turn #2.

Procedures change, but that's what happened then.  Now, who knows!  There is a bus stop directly across the street from the ship so use of public transport is very slick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prodoc said:

Laundry is a consideration since we will have 29 days of travel total.  Has anyone taken laundry off the ship on these turnaround days, especially in Copenhagen and have for suggestions for me?  

Penny, 

Maybe all of B2Bers can take over a laundromat for a few hours! The would be a great meet and greet!😜  I know laundry is going to be an issue for us as well! 

Dionne

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bama2georgia said:

Penny, 

Maybe all of B2Bers can take over a laundromat for a few hours! The would be a great meet and greet!😜  I know laundry is going to be an issue for us as well! 

Dionne

Dionne,

You made me laugh.  We look forward to meeting you and your dad.  I will be sure and pass on to you and others in the group what I learn about laundry options.  Part of me thinks it would be best to just pay and do it on the ship as needed and consider it just part of the expense of the cruise and use the time in Copenhagen to do more sightseeing.  But if there is anything I have learned about traveling international over the years, it is that I learn more about the culture when I do the everyday activities and laundry is certainly a common everyday activity.

Penny

1 hour ago, Beachin2 said:

We did a Serenade B3B out of Copenhagen two years ago.  Was very easy.  Short info meeting a few days before #1 ended.  Met in the Colony Club.  Security set up a temporary kiosk.  After the ship was empty security scanned our old passes off - then scanned our new passes on.  That's it.  Was one of the easiest turns we have ever done.  Same drill for turn #2.

Procedures change, but that's what happened then.  Now, who knows!  There is a bus stop directly across the street from the ship so use of public transport is very slick.

Thanks for the reassurance that it will be a simple transition between cruises.  And the information about the bus stop in Copenhagen is most helpful.  We had read it was close to the cruise terminal but wasn't sure how "close" it would be.

Penny

On the day that we are back in Copenhagen, ending cruise 1 and starting cruise 2--are we able to disembark the ship any time that we want to for a day of sightseeing or will passengers who are continuing with the ship given a specific time we can leave the ship?  Also, if we decide to make it a laundry day and visit a local laundromat in Copenhagen, what are the procedures for taking a bag off the ship and then returning with the bag since it will be a carry on and off.

Penny

12 minutes ago, prodoc said:

On the day that we are back in Copenhagen, ending cruise 1 and starting cruise 2--are we able to disembark the ship any time that we want to for a day of sightseeing or will passengers who are continuing with the ship given a specific time we can leave the ship?  Also, if we decide to make it a laundry day and visit a local laundromat in Copenhagen, what are the procedures for taking a bag off the ship and then returning with the bag since it will be a carry on and off.

Penny

This is a search in Google Maps for laundromats close to the cruise terminal. The address of the terminal is Oceankaj.
https://www.google.com/maps/search/møntvask/@55.7045769,12.5924208,14z/data=!3m1!4b1

Thanks for the google search.  I have been looking at the Laudromat Cafe on the corner of Arhusgade and Randersgade if we decide to do this.  We will be in Copenhagen 4 days before the cruise leaves and are staying near that area so may stop in and check it out.  After 11 days on the ship, it might be nice to start out fresh again before starting the second cruise.

Penny

Edited by prodoc

The biggest problem with that bus stop is the north/westbound buses on that route alternate going up that far.  So no problem getting a bus there but getting back you have to ask the driver if they are going that way.  Highly recommend getting the Copenhagen Card for museum entry and transportation.  Got ours at the Tourist Information office next to our hotel north of the amusement park.

• Like 1

Thanks LeeW for the additional information about the bus stop by the cruise.  The more I know, the easier it is getting around.  I think the Copenhagen Card sounds like the right thing for us too.  Trying to decide whether to order it ahead of time and pick up at the airport.  May have to ask that general question on Cruise Critic to find out if it makes it quicker or not. Did you just buy yours at the Tour Information Office or did you order and pay for it ahead of time to be picked up there?

Penny

When we transition to the second cruise, will we need to take a new picture for our seapass ID or will they just issue new ones for the second cruise with the picture they previously took since it is already in their computer?  Also, is there anything special we need to do with our cabin after the end of the first cruise since we won't be leaving?  I assume if we are going to give people extra tips we should do that as normal at the end of the first cruise in case the staff changes?  Thoughts anyone?

Penny

5 minutes ago, prodoc said:

When we transition to the second cruise, will we need to take a new picture for our seapass ID or will they just issue new ones for the second cruise with the picture they previously took since it is already in their computer?  Also, is there anything special we need to do with our cabin after the end of the first cruise since we won't be leaving?  I assume if we are going to give people extra tips we should do that as normal at the end of the first cruise in case the staff changes?  Thoughts anyone?

Penny

Normally they can use the photo from the first cruise, but every so often somthing messes up and they take a new photo.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 8:17 PM, prodoc said:

Thanks for the google search.  I have been looking at the Laudromat Cafe on the corner of Arhusgade and Randersgade if we decide to do this.  We will be in Copenhagen 4 days before the cruise leaves and are staying near that area so may stop in and check it out.  After 11 days on the ship, it might be nice to start out fresh again before starting the second cruise.

Penny

That area is nice. Go for it.

7 hours ago, prodoc said:

Bob,

Thanks for the information about the seapass picture.  Is the new seapass delivered to our cabin?

Penny

This varies.  I've been on B2B cruises where they give the new SeaPass the night before.  I've also been on B2B cruises where they won't give the new card until changeover day.  Last cruise, they took away the old SeaPass card for security reasons, but they gave it back upon request at Guest Services the next day.

You should get a letter in your stateroom with the details for your B2B.

8 hours ago, prodoc said:

Also, is there anything special we need to do with our cabin after the end of the first cruise since we won't be leaving?  

I always ask my room attendant if they are staying on for the next cruise.  If so, I always give them the turnaround day as a day off from cleaning my room.  We get extra towels from them the night before and I tell them I will have my Do Not Disturb sign out all day so they can skip my room.  It is such a busy day for them and they always appreciate it so much.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, vacation4two said:

I always ask my room attendant if they are staying on for the next cruise.  If so, I always give them the turnaround day as a day off from cleaning my room.  We get extra towels from them the night before and I tell them I will have my Do Not Disturb sign out all day so they can skip my room.  It is such a busy day for them and they always appreciate it so much.  

That is very nice of you.  I had certainly not thought about that as an option but you have given me something to consider.   I had been concerned about them possibly leaving my cabin door open as that is what they do on disembarkation days.  Putting the do not disturb sign out would certainly keep that from happening.   

Penny