Ideas...

Dippy Dawg

3 hours ago, Cafedumonde said:

One good thing about "pranks" in relationships is that it prepares you for kids (if you are planning on having them). Kids do crazy, funny, offbeat things 24 hours a day.

Not going there, we each have our own kids from prior marriages and we prank and joke around with our kids.  I didn't mean this to be sure a controversial thread, just looking for a cute way to "welcome" her on board to cruising.  Just having a little fun at no-one expense, she would understand its a joke and would appreciate it for what it is, a joke.

34 minutes ago, abbygail said:

Don’t forget the sky hook from room steward to get up to the mini golf course! I’m a lady but I love a good prank!!

That would be considered hazing to 90% of the people here...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cafedumonde said:

I definitely think it depends on people's personalities and relationships.  Dh and I have been joking around for more than 20 years now and it is the same as when we first met.  He is a walking comedy show and life with him is a blast.  When I was younger, I was always attracted to the guys who would joke around with me, and the couple of guys I dated who wrote me sappy love letters bored me to tears.  Lol.  I think sometimes growing up in a large family makes you enjoy pranking or joking around, but the bottom line is that people with similar interests naturally gravitate towards each other which is a good thing.   I am sure the OP didn't expect to get so much philosophy with his question!  Sorry.  Wish I had a good cruise prank for you but I can't think of one right now! (Although if I ask dh I am sure he could come up with some right away.)

Exactly the type of relationship we have.  Must be a Louisiana thing since we live on the Northshore.  Cruising on the Glory next Thursday (3/7)

• Like 1

My husband once laid out a pair of his jeans, stuffed with towels, about half under the bed.  Then he arranged his sneakers face down near the cuffs, so it looked like he had crawled under the bed and got stuck.  I walked in and spoiled his joke, but we left it for the steward, and lurked in my sister's room next door, to make sure he didn't freak out when he went in to turn down our room.  He didn't freak out--he thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen.  He brought his assistants over to see it, and I think they even took pictures.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dippy Dawg said:

Not going there, we each have our own kids from prior marriages and we prank and joke around with our kids.  I didn't mean this to be sure a controversial thread, just looking for a cute way to "welcome" her on board to cruising.  Just having a little fun at no-one expense, she would understand its a joke and would appreciate it for what it is, a joke.

I think she will enjoy it, I sure would, and y'all will have a great time.  Sounds like y'all know how to have a fun time and treat each other to nice things also.  My hubby knows I love when we have fun and laugh together with things like this!  Now after you have her ask staff for the elevator that goes from the front to the back of the ship then surprise her with something nice.  Hopefully she is also thinking of a way to "welcome" you on board, lol.

Went with a buddy on an Alaska cruise.  He and wife are still not internet savvy.  Pre cruise, doctored up a weather forecast for Alaska of gail force winds and temps of minus ten.  Told him dress warmly.  First port, Ketchikan, temps in the high 80’s.  He is dressed in long underwear, top and bottom, two pairs of jeans, thick shirt, heavy sweater and coat.  Especially funny when he needed to pee.  We still laugh about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2