Ideas...

Dippy Dawg

7 hours ago, Dippy Dawg said:

What are some cruise virgin jokes/pranks I can play on her?

You won't be earning Brownie Points for that ^

You should be trying to make it as positive an experience as possible

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

You won't be earning Brownie Points for that ^

You should be trying to make it as positive an experience as possible

We cut up with each other all the time, joking with each other is what we do, it is a positive experience.

• Like 4

We had an appointment in the Dreams Studio. The photographer was amazing. She asked how we met and had us telling stories and laughing. The photos were the best we've ever taken anywhere. Make an appointment with the Studio as soon as you get on the ship and beforehand make her an appointment at the spa for hair and make up. 

B&W cruise2.jpg

• Like 1

Ok. I'll wade in to this uptight discussion. No offense meant to anyone that has a different point of view. As a sailor myself, we used to do a few things to "welcome" the new guys on board. First, take her up on deck at sunset. Have her watch for "the green flash." It happens at the exact moment the sun dips below the horizon. It's an optical illusion and is a real thing, but the chances of actually seeing it, are astronomical. 

Next, another bit of fun we had with the noobs, was sending them somewhere to find 100' of waterline. Perhaps Guest Services might be able to help with that?

Finally, have her ask your steward for a bulkhead remover. Explain to her that you can adjust things in the cabin to make it a bit roomier, but it takes a bulkhead remover to do it. 

Just some old gags, courtesy of The United States Navy. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dippy Dawg said:

Next week is our cruise.   This will be my GF first cruise.   Wht are some cruise virgin jokes/pranks I can play on her?   LOL. 

And also,  what are some sweet nice things I can do for her? 

Make the experience fun and special for her.  Flowers, champagne, choc covered strawberries from Fun Shops.  For my 2017 Sister Cruise, my husband had flowers delivered to my room.  It was totally unexpected.  My sisters were pea green with envy.  Their husbands didn't do that for them.  I loved it and made me so appreciative. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, roundrockhorn said:

Ok. I'll wade in to this uptight discussion. No offense meant to anyone that has a different point of view. As a sailor myself, we used to do a few things to "welcome" the new guys on board. First, take her up on deck at sunset. Have her watch for "the green flash." It happens at the exact moment the sun dips below the horizon. It's an optical illusion and is a real thing, but the chances of actually seeing it, are astronomical. 

Next, another bit of fun we had with the noobs, was sending them somewhere to find 100' of waterline. Perhaps Guest Services might be able to help with that?

Finally, have her ask your steward for a bulkhead remover. Explain to her that you can adjust things in the cabin to make it a bit roomier, but it takes a bulkhead remover to do it. 

I don't think it's an uptight discussion.  I don't think women enjoy pranks as much as men think we all do.  I LOVE a good joke, even a good dirty joke with my hubby but if did some of these humiliating pranks, I'd not be very happy especially if I were trapped on a ship with him for a week.  But maybe it is just me.......:classic_cool:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, roundrockhorn said:

Same thing working in food and bev........we would send people in search of coffee wax, left handed brooms, and cans of steam. If there was another restaurant next door, we would send them over to borrow the chicken stretcher. And of course, there was my personal favorite.......rotating the ice.

Pranks are not ALWAYS cruel or bad-intentioned. It depends on the relationship. Some people like that kind of thing. In my family, we regularly have prank wars and we love it. 

Dippy Dawg, I hope you have a fantastic cruise!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I definitely think it depends on people's personalities and relationships.  Dh and I have been joking around for more than 20 years now and it is the same as when we first met.  He is a walking comedy show and life with him is a blast.  When I was younger, I was always attracted to the guys who would joke around with me, and the couple of guys I dated who wrote me sappy love letters bored me to tears.  Lol.  I think sometimes growing up in a large family makes you enjoy pranking or joking around, but the bottom line is that people with similar interests naturally gravitate towards each other which is a good thing.   I am sure the OP didn't expect to get so much philosophy with his question!  Sorry.  Wish I had a good cruise prank for you but I can't think of one right now! (Although if I ask dh I am sure he could come up with some right away.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hoops_Baller said:

LMAO

I think Guest Services would enjoy this too. After hearing complains all day from people looking for something free, I could use something that made me smile for a minute. (Just do it when it's not busy) 🙂

Edited by BigBuoys

I second the Yeti cup (or some type of metal cup). I took one on my last cruise and LOVED having it with me. It was so great to have cold water all day long. I even filled it up before heading off the ship and walked around drinking the nice cold water.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

I won't venture an opinion as to pranking your girlfriend.

But, wouldn't you rather share a cabin with someone who is pleased with your kindness and wants to thank you, than with someone who is busy thinking up a way to prank you?

You can't have both? Yeah, I give up.