Repricing question re booked excursions

lorri111

I hope someone has come across this scenario. I have just booked our excursions using most of the OBC which came with our existing booking. What if we were to take advantage of a repricing offer later on which is better value but offers less OBC? Would we loose our excursions now they are no longer covered by our old OBC or would they contact us (email?) telling us we need to pay to retain them?

I mean this in the friendliest of ways by saying there comes a time when we need to go with the deal we made. 

I surely don’t know your situation and I don’t know the deal you have or the deal you want to make but there’s only so much value in a trip. All things being equal, I would say everything evens out so is the effort in making changes worth it?

From the point of the sales gurus at Princess, I would say your getting an equal deal and not a better deal. Personally, I would stick with with the OBC deal you have now. 

Not my pocketbook and not my deal. Just thought I’d put it out there. 

Glenn

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Do it on the ship with the excursion office. 

10 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

The guarantee you the lower price if an excursion goes down. I would certainly take them up on that. 

I think you missed the OP's point.

19 minutes ago, Grburkart said:

I mean this in the friendliest of ways by saying there comes a time when we need to go with the deal we made. 

I surely don’t know your situation and I don’t know the deal you have or the deal you want to make but there’s only so much value in a trip. All things being equal, I would say everything evens out so is the effort in making changes worth it?

From the point of the sales gurus at Princess, I would say your getting an equal deal and not a better deal. Personally, I would stick with with the OBC deal you have now. 

Not my pocketbook and not my deal. Just thought I’d put it out there. 

Glenn

I have already repriced this cruise once, and in just making one phone call got $225 USD PP plus speciality dining. I check regularly and the change in pricing can be quite radical. 

The safest thing would be to contact Princess to pay the excursion balance as soon as your reprice instead of waiting for the email. If you booked directly with Princess, you can handle repricing the cruise and paying the excursion balance in the same phone call. If you booked through a travel agent, you would need the agent to handle repricing and then you might need to contact Princess directly to pay the excursion balance, since travel agents normally don't handle the Princess excursions.

Edited by NavyVeteran
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

The safest thing would be to contact Princess to pay the excursion balance as soon as your reprice instead of waiting for the email. If you booked directly with Princess, you can handle repricing the cruise and paying the excursion balance in the same phone call. If you booked through a travel agent, you would need the agent to handle repricing and then you might need to contact Princess directly to pay the excursion balance, since travel agents normally don't handle the Princess excursions.

Good point - since I would have to call them to price I should be able to sort it at same time. Thanks for the helpful answer!