Having a lot of problems linking my voyager account to my current booking,

jean87510

This has been going on for close to 2 weeks.  My husband and I both signed up for the Voyager accounts after we booked our cruise with MSC. We are unable to link our voyager club accounts to our current booking.  For example, we cannot view our booking at all (payment due, payment made...etc...).  No one from MSC has helped in both reservations and in the IT department.  And honestly, I don't know what to do at this point.  This is our first cruise with MSC and granted it is in January, 2020, but we are really disappointed with our experience so far.  Has anyone else had this problem and how did you resolve it or how was it resolved?

I had this problem, but I could see my reservation when I logged in using the booking number. Can you?

One call to MSC fixed it, but it did take a day to show up.

Edited by SeaTheW0rld

Have you tried this?

Log into your MSC Voyagers account using the right side "WITH YOUR MSC ACCOUNT", not with the left side "WITH BOOKING NUMBER".  Log in with your Voyagers' email and password, this takes you to the "My Bookings" page.  If you booking does not show in the Booking ID box then up look at the left side buttons and go down to just below "My Profile" and click the "Link Booking" button.  Enter your booking number and hit confirm.

ETA:  If I remember correctly when I had to do this it asked for some information like booking name and maybe a birth date to confirm the booking number was actually mine.  It worked for me, if it doesn't work for you I'd suspect some discrepancy between your booking and Voyagers' profiles.

Edited by Até

My husband has gotten as far as the page with link your booking but it is saying it doesnt recognize the booking #. I haven't even got that far. I'm in an endless loop of entering my info, getting an email, trying the link in email, then back to entering my info. Was on hold today for 35 minutes and they said it's a site wide problem. No one in IT seems to know what to do.

2 hours ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

I had this problem, but I could see my reservation when I logged in using the booking number. Can you?

One call to MSC fixed it, but it did take a day to show up.

We can see excursions, drink packages, internet but cannot see our actual reservation. 

1 hour ago, Até said:

Have you tried this?

Log into your MSC Voyagers account using the right side "WITH YOUR MSC ACCOUNT", not with the left side "WITH BOOKING NUMBER".  Log in with your Voyagers' email and password, this takes you to the "My Bookings" page.  If you booking does not show in the Booking ID box then up look at the left side buttons and go down to just below "My Profile" and click the "Link Booking" button.  Enter your booking number and hit confirm.

ETA:  If I remember correctly when I had to do this it asked for some information like booking name and maybe a birth date to confirm the booking number was actually mine.  It worked for me, if it doesn't work for you I'd suspect some discrepancy between your booking and Voyagers' profiles.

I agree for my husbands account. He is able to view the screen that says "link booking" but when he tries he gets an error message. We have used internet explorer, chrome, laptop, computer, tablet and phone and cannot get in. And msc IT department just admits that they cant fix it and dont know what to tell me.  Since our cruise is January, I'll wait a few months and then try again. At least they were able to upgrade us to gold. 

The name on the reservation has to match the Voyager's Club exactly.  The email has to match exactly and you can't use the email for another traveler.  I used my email for my husband's match and now I can't register for Voyager's Club.  You can't modify any of these.  You'll have to call customer service.  I think allowing customers to change these fields would cut down a lot of their time.

I just went into my spouses MSC account and successfully added the missing booking using the "Link Booking" button.  Your problem may have something to do with a name or birth date mismatch between the booking and MSC Voyagers profile.  Can you compare the info from your emailed booking confirmation to that on your MSC profile(s)?

17 hours ago, Até said:

I just went into my spouses MSC account and successfully added the missing booking using the "Link Booking" button.  Your problem may have something to do with a name or birth date mismatch between the booking and MSC Voyagers profile.  Can you compare the info from your emailed booking confirmation to that on your MSC profile(s)?

I went back into the original booking email and noticed that the birthdates were in the European way (2019 - 25 - 12 for this years christmas as an example).  We did notice this early on but when we mentioned it, the CSR at the time said this was normal because it was an italian company.  I will call back (yet again) today and mention that just to see if that was the issue.  It wouldnt matter for me as my birthday is 09/09 but maybe for my husband.  Strange though they did make us both gold and sent us emails confirming it so we are in there somewhere.  Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Thanks. I am having a similar problem.  I booked a cruise, a few minutes later tried to sign up for Voyager and it said my email was already in use and blocked me from continuing. I guess I will need to call; not cruising until 11/2020. 

I actually now have an MSC rep that has been working on the problem since yesterday.  We are almost there.  My husbands is 90% fixed.  Problem was (and I kept asking this question over and over...) his birthday was backwards as in the "european" way.  Then they mixed up (how I have NO idea) the emails with my account and his.  We have the original booking letter that went to his email address with his name.  We actually had to create new gmail accounts in order for them to fix the problem with the birthday.  They are now working on mine.  Unfortunately with all this change, they have our status match back to a newbie; however, I was contacted by both the Voyager club and this rep via email reassuring me that the problem would be fixed and they know we are gold.  So hopefully after calling daily for over a month, we can get this fixed 100%.  I originally a couple of days ago called the existing booking extension instead of IT who were either snippy or clueless (sorry, but that's what I dealt with) and said I cruise at least 2x a year now which isn't much but its something.  I said I liked the look of the MSC product and was excited to try it but the website was so aggravating that honestly we were just going to cancel and pick another ship on another line, we were that disappointed.  The rep was really nice and forwarded all the info to the current rep who is helping me now.  What is good is I told her just email me with questions as I really cannot be on hold for an hour during work.  That alone has been great.

Edited by jean87510

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem. I had my TA contact them around 5 times, then when he gave up, I called IT and we did it in about 30+ mins... something to do with our emails and the exact spelling of our names between their databases.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:38 PM, Essiesmom said:

If your middle name is somewhere on/in your account you may have to log in with the full name.  EM

Hi, I made the same mistake, Not putting my middle name in stopped me from accessing my details.

After 2 weeks of endless emails back and forth by MSC and myself, the problem is finally resolved.  They tried everything.  Finally, they deleted our emails from MSC.  Then we registered again with our emails and followed the procedure.  I am happy to say that everything works.  Kudos to MSC for working with me for 2 weeks.  It was a total Pain in the A but now works great.

Armonia Jan 2020.  Called my TA and was an error in my last name spelling.  only now able to log into left side, but not right since I am in the process of status match.  Interesting that you can only buy stuff with the web check in.  So when do I add my passport number? Flight info and such..or don’t we.  Lmk

I'm having this problem as well. Spoke to customer service and we figured out that my booking has my last name with a space, whereas the Voyager has the two names together with no space. The lady (who acted like I was just annoying her) said that nothing can be done, but I have my correct status on reservation, so I should just go on with  my life. I couldn't get through to her that there are actually things on the Voyager page I'd like to see but I can't get in and get an error message that someone else is using my number (which is me).  I hung up and called back later (because one thing I've learned about customer service, 2 different people, 2 different answers) and that one sent me an email of my booking that shows status, but again, no way to correct small mistake (that they made). She suggested going in with my husbands account (which he doesn't have because I make all the bookings), but I haven't tried this yet. So my take away is that MSC doesn't actually have an IT department with actual human beings.