A1 vs Sky

charlielinda

Thinking of moving up Sky Suite on a TA.  I have a few quick questions.  Is Michaels Lounge  open for Sky Suite?  What’s the Retreat like on the Reflection?  We enjoy specialty restaurants ... if going to Lumine will we want to go to Specialty restaurants.  Thanks so much.  

Sky suites have access to Michael’s Club.  Reflection does not have The Retreat at this time..it will be added when she is drydocked in a few years.  Luminae is great but we tend to eat in specialty restaurants ...our preference but many suite pax eat exclusively in Luminae.

Yes, MC is open to all suites. Reflection doesn't yet have the Retreat and in fact, as the newest of the S-class ships won't be updated until last. Her refurb is currently scheduled some time in 2022 last I looked. I can't answer your last question since I'm unfamiliar with your dining preferences. We always feel the need to visit Murano. The rest we can happily skip although Lawn Club Grill is enjoyed by many.

Most TA's don't have beverage package perks, so having Michael's to get complimentary drinks, water, soda, etc. is a plus, in addition to all of the other suite perks and the much larger space on a long cruise. We did a TA in an aft corner sky suite on the Reflection and it was an amazing cruise.

When in a suite, we try to go to Luminae at least the first and last nights and Chic nights (best menus, IMO) and then do most of the specialties, with Murano our favorite. You can ask the Luminae hostess or the MC concierge to see the order of the menus for that cruise once onboard and plan for the specialties on the nights that the menus don't appeal to you as much.

Edited by vtcruising

12 hours ago, charlielinda said:

Thinking of moving up Sky Suite on a TA.  I have a few quick questions.  Is Michaels Lounge  open for Sky Suite?  What’s the Retreat like on the Reflection?  We enjoy specialty restaurants ... if going to Lumine will we want to go to Specialty restaurants.  Thanks so much.  

Regarding your last question, we are generally satisfied with Luminae and don't feel the need to go to specialty restaurants. Luminae used to be more special when it first opened; unfortunately the experience has been downsized, but it still serves the best food when compared to the main dining room and Blu.