Massage Question

Jeffbhhs

Hello I am interested in booking a massage and I was wondering if anyone had any of the recent port day special flyers? I will be sailing on the Sunrise on July 10 and was wondering if it pays to wait to book the massage til on board or take the discount now. I am not sure which will be the better deal. 

Thanks! 

If you want to get one wait until you get on the ship. Yes they are higher than land but for me it is the part of my vacation that I am willing to splurge on.  Normally they have specials on both sea and port days, and if they don't have one ask and many times they will make it work for you.

I normally get the head to toe special and if I remember right it is 75 min and I have paid as low as $109 for that one plus tip.

But, beware the upsell 😞 that can kill the experience and I always try to make sure they know I use their products, have tons of them, and don't need anything else 🙂 

I will get a spa treatment if I can find a 3 / $99 special, or a  regular massage if it's a real markdown.  Yes it is way higher than I could find on land in my home town, but I don't buy many drinks, don't gamble at all or play bingo, or attend the sales events on board.  It's my splurge on a cruise.  

A cruise ship is your hotel on the ocean. Why would you compare those prices to a chain like Spa Envy?  A more accurate comparison would be to hotel spa prices on land. You will find that the spa on the ship and the hotel spa on land will be similar pricing! The hotel on land may even be higher!!

The port day specials often include a 3 for 1 price which can make it a good buy IF you like the services offered.

Keep an eye out on Carnival's website as they often will run specials for 15-20% off spa services prior to your cruise! My sis is treating me to a massage as a birthday present on our cruise next month and we've already booked it under one of those pre-sailing promotions. Then we were able to select a time that works best for us well in advance before they start getting booked up. 

I know massages are more expensive on the ship than they are on land (I can get an hour massage here for $65). But there is something so relaxing about getting a nice massage along with the swaying of the cruise ship. So for me the price is worth it.  The only downside is that they will try to hard sell you to buy their products. But a polite "no thanks" usually does the trick. And I've had some pretty cheap massages in port as well, but I find they are hit and miss as far as quality and facilities. One I had was literally a fold out lawn chair on the edge of the beach. I felt like she was rubbing sand into my skin for an hour. Another one I had in Costa Maya was amazing - they had a little open air hut and your massage was on the second level looking out into the ocean and not having to worry about people walking right by or getting covered in sand. And it was only $20 for an hour!